Celestino


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa
January 6th 2012
Published: January 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We left Huatabampito and drove into the State of Sinola. 50 miles north of Mazatlan, 670 miles south of the border, and yes we are over 1,000 miles so far. The state has a beautification program, and it is very evident. The highways are very clean. We even saw men sweeping the sides of the road. All day we drove through Agricultural fields. Miles and miles of beautiful fields. Often you will see an enormous field and there will be one man out working, weeding or hoeing. We saw a farmer pulling a plow with a horse. It is hard to imagine that they manage these large farms manually. It is easy to see why we see so much produce from Mexico in the States.It is so lush here and there are farms everywhere.

There are a few things that I have noticed already- no inspections. Even when we come to an inspection station, military or agriculture, they wave us through. We were lead to believe that we would face several vehicle inspections. In years past when I went to Baja, there we military checkpoints. They always went through the vehicles and RV’s. A couple of times we have missed a turn, a Mexican driver will drive ahead of us, get our attention and offer to take us to where we need to be. And, the newer cars…not many “junkers” on the roads. If I hadn’t heard all of the media about the crime and problems of traveling in Mexico, you would never know. To the contrary, everyone is very kind and helpful.

We drove to a small campground in Celestino. It is only 50 miles north of Mazatlan. Not much, so we only stayed one night. To our delight we were watching the sunset with everyone for Happy Hour and as it got dark, the surf lit up. As the waves crashed, there would be a blue neon light. We could watch it happen up and down the coastline. It was amazing! Everyone ohed and awed! It was like Nature’s Fireworks show in the water. It lasted for 2 ½ hours. Most of the others had been to Mexico many times and no one had seen anything like it. The closest we had seen was the Bioluminescent Bay in Puerto Rico. It turns out it was a Bioliminest surf and it happens occasionally in Mexico and San Diego.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb