i wore a sweater the other day....A SWEATER!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
October 27th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well its been quite a week...filled with baseball and hurricanes and the beach....good stuff.
So the baseball game last friday was probably one of my best nights here in mazatlan. i had sent out an email to everyone saying that some of us were planning on going and to meet at Joe´s at 5 if they were interested....and about 25 people showed up and everyone was wearing red and it was awesome. we all got a little drunk at joes and then headed down to the baseball game. girls wearing red got in for free if they were with a guy....which was a strange rul if you ask me and there was more girls than guys so we were all fighting over dates and i ended up sharing matt with emmy and we split 2 tickets three ways.....good deal considering they were only 3.50 anyways. gotta love mexican prices. anyways so we all went in to our seats which werent that bad and got some beers.....2 for 30 pesos...not even 3 bucks. so we all cheered and blew horns and antonio spun a god damn noisemaker for about 3 hours straight and we all wanted to kill him.. it was so fun. i think i only watched probably about 20 minutes of the game all together and when we left people we weren´t really even sure who won.....
oh and me and alissa and danielle were determined to buy tshirts...but because we weren´t sitting in the "expensive" seats we coultn´t get to the vendor guy. so we had to bribe the security guard with our good looks and he sent his partner with us to escort us so we wouldn´t sneak in the other seats. it was so funny. we found tshirts and i bought a super cool one and then we decided to get food. our escort really didn´t care cause i think he was in love with alissa. so anyways, heather was ordering quesidillas and the stand had a torta (which is the greatest food EVER) sitting on display all wrapped up in plastic and i had the greatest idea to just take it and eat it....seriously they weren´t gonna sell it and it was serving no purpose and the security guard who was our escort SAW me do it and laughed....that is typical mexican security right there by the way. anyways, so it was fine and then alissa was like oh go put some salsa on it....so like an idiot....i went back to the SAME stand and used their salsa. they found me and wouldn´t give heather her quesidiallas until i paid for the damn torta....so i did and it was only 2 bucks anyways which was totally worth it.
anyways, after the game i went with cam and lance to a french girls birthday party which really sucked and we stayed for about 2 minutes. and then me cam lance and a mexican guy mario who lives with the french girls decided to go to Joes. so we were trying to get a cab for about 20 minutes when suddenly mario is like...loh ya i have a car.....lets drive....it was so random.....anyways, so we stopped at an ATM so mario could get some dinero and these random aussies came up to the window and were like BUY THESE TICKETS FROM US we don´t want to go to this party...and we were like no way were going to joes...and THEN they were like oh good go there youll fit in...its just a stupid american party anyways...and me and cam and lance all FLIPPED OUT and started yelling WE ARE NOT AMERICANS and almost killed them. they literally ran away and it was great. after that the night got boring and i got really tired. me and matt shared a cab which was random because we live in totally opposite directions but somehow we got a deal out of the cabby which was funny. after we dropped matt off i was so damn thirsty i told the cabby to stop at a store so i could get coke.....so he did and it was one fo the stores that they lock the door at night and you just stick your head in the window and tell them what you want....so i said a coke and he brought a tiny one and i was like "mas grande por favor" cause i was SOOOOO damn thirsty....so he brought me a normal size one and i said the same...anyways, i ended up with a 2 litre because i am a drunken idiot and the cabby laughed at me the whole way home. and i only drank probably not even the equivalent of a regular one and then left the rest so really it was a complete waste of time...but entertainging none the less.
anywaya then on saturday a bunch of us took a boat out to deer island and hung out on the beach all day with food and a few beers. it was glorious. the water is so nie out there. when we got back to the mainland me and lucy were determined to eat something mexican that we hadn´t tried yet so some of us went to panama´s and ordered random things off the menu that we had no idea what they were....and it was damn good.
afterwards i went home and changed and such and me and carlos and heather and jason headed to matts house and played a mexican drinking game that heather bought. its like spinny top and whoever it points to has to drink or give however many it says....pretty enlightening really. so i, of course, always got the crappy ones and had to drink the big sup in the middle about 10 times. but it was super fun. i took my laptop over and burnt tons of cds for matt because he seems to be the only one here who likes my music. it was fun to do that again cause i did that so much i calgary and i miss it.
afterwards we all went to frogs and danced the night away. danielle forgot her keys so she came and stayed at my house and saturday almost all day all we did was watch spanish TV and feel sick. it was a good day. sunday night a bunch of us went and saw the movie the guardian which was amazing and i dont know if its still in theatres in canada or not because they´re a little behind on the movies here...but if it id go see it..and if it isn´t...go rent it.
monday i hung out in the plaza at my favorite coffee shop with carlos and heather and did SO MUCH spanish it was insane. then a whole bunch of us went and saw ricky bobby the new will farrell movie which was HILARIOUS. its funny cause the mexicans in the theatre laugh about 5 seconds after us because they have to read the subtitles....it makes me laugh even more
tuesday i had bongos again which is super fun still. we played for the dance class again and its funny cause we screw up and then they screw up...and vice versa. then i hung out at the plaza again all night because i love it there. wednesday after spanish me and emmy and lucy went for sushi in the golden zone and it was SO GOOD i cant even explain. expensive though which i thought was weird because there definately isn´t a lack of fish around here. then we watched legends of the fall in emmys room which she shares with peter from the czech....it was funny because he was doing laundry and his tighty whitys were hanging all over the room. i laughed. then i headed back to centro...and once again, hung out in th eplaza with jason and claudia and danielle. i introduced them to my coffee place and the frappicinos which are so good.
yesterday my classes were cancelled ebcause we were supposed to go visit the cerveceria (the brewery) but that was cancelled too becasue of the hurricane warnings. it rained a lot on tuesday wed and thur but nothing serious at all. i felt bad for the tourists who were here for only a week cause they picked a bad one. it was a nice change though cause i could actually wear a sweater and not be dying. so yesterday me and jason and claudia went to the gran plaza (the mall) and did some shopping. i decided to be a sailor for halloween which i know is lame but i´m out of ideas for this year and i´m really not into it...i think its because of the lack of malin pratt and eileen to dress up like idiots with....
me and jason acted like idiots in the grocery store and he pushed me around in the cart as we wore sunglasses with massive tags on our heads. good times. then me and claudia (who is my roommate starting next week) went to the beach, followed by jasons pool (which will be our pool as well next week cause were moving to the same apartments)
last nigth we went to jungle juice and got free drinks and then joes followed by taco loco for a torta which made me very happy.
wow this is a long blog i apologize...but not really.
tonight we are gonna head out to CALIENTE which is the casino in mazatlan. i haven´t been so it should be itneresting. matt said hes bringing his gun because we will probably run into some mafia and drug cartels...and he just might have a gun....he is american. tomorrow night is all the halloween parties which all seem to have open bars from about 9pm to 4am which is way more open bar than anyone should ever need. shoudl be an interesting night in mazatlan.
me and nina are planning on doing a surf lesson on monday but i´m gonna assume its not gonna happen because it never does.
i´m moving out on novemebr 1 and i am really excited to live with cluadia and have a pool and not have my host family dogs everywhere anymore cause they are relaly annoying me lately.
november 2 is called dia de muertos which is day of the dead. its a mexican tradition and they put up altars to honor close ones who have died with pictures and their favorite food and drinks and candles and everything and then they all celebrate...not mourn. i think i´m gonna try it out it should be fun i think and they have a big thing at the plaza on the 1st and my class is going to it. i am excited. right now there are decortations everywhere of skeletons and such and i´m sure the tourists are thinkging of its because of halloween but no its actually because of day of the dead.
i will keep you posted on how that goes.
take care all.
OH and everyone has their flights here........i will give a schedule so it anyone else wants to come they can decide when based on who they want to be here or not....i think that makes sense
cliff and landon - november 22-28
dad and kelly - dec 5-15 ish...they STILL haven´t booked a flight
cole - dec 18-29
pratt - 19-APRIL BABY.
Eileen - not sure but i´m assumin dec 20-29
Janine - Dec 29
actually that schedule was more just for me so i can plan shit out....but feel free to enjoy it as well. i can´t wait to see ALL OF YOU. ive been thinking of all the places i can take you and the food you need to try and what i can cook for you and what pools of hotels were gonna crash and all that jazz. WAHOO
sarah


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb