i hate tequila...but its so cheap


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
August 14th 2006
Published: August 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well everyonei bought a bottle of tequila yesterday for 49 pesos, which is 5 bucks. good deal but i´m sure it tastes like ass.
yesterday my host mom taught me how to do laundry here. it is so old school its insane. the washing machine is in the backyard and you have to fill it with water and then drain it and then move the clothes into the spinner and then hang them to dry. its a long process. but when you hang your white clothes up the sun bleaches them and they look so damn clean which is a plus.
yesterday i also went to the huge mall here called the gran plaza. it was not cool. most of the clothes were really crappy but stil about 40 bucks canadian it really didn´t make sense especially considering the min wage is 5 bucks canadian PER DAY. i´m starting to realize why its so difficult for most of the people here to make a living.
on saturday night we went to bora bora again because ilona made friends with a bartender name Jesus (hey-zeus) so we got in for free. then we ended up at an apartment rented by some exchange students in the golden zone and we played dominoes til about 4am. one of the exchange students keeps a set of domimoes in his backpack al the time which i thought was strnage, but it definately turned out to be a fun time.
my spanish class is the only one i have today so i´m thinking of going to the beach afterwards or doing some walking aroudn and taking some pictures. its still super hot here and sunscreen has become my best friend.
sarah

Advertisement



15th August 2006

Go team!
Hey there Sarah - we miss you chez team WS! Glad to hear you're having a good time and drinking cheap tequilla! Como estas senorita, servesa porpavor? Tu no hablar espanol muy bien hahahaha Im turning 31 on WEdnesday and I to will be drining cheap tequilla to make the pain go away! Thanks for keeping in touch and keep the emails coming Carly
15th August 2006

hi
Hi Sarah - glad to hear everything is going good. I just got home from Cereal/Oyen/Sheerness. Now I have to find somewhere else to camp for a bit. Janets dance was a lot of fun-it was a late one. I am enjoying reading your blogs. Take care.
16th August 2006

mexican bartenders
Hey Sarah! Great hearing from u again. It's not the tequila i'm worried about - it's the bartenders. Don't get too friendly w/ them - i hear they like foreign women! Glad to hear you're having a good time - i checked your photo gallery; i love it! You're so incredibly tanned! Anyways, great hearing fr you, take care! (Sure u don't NEED me there yet?!) Love kelly

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb