stuff


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
August 17th 2006
Published: August 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was the Olympics at my university. each different section of students wears a different color of shirt and compete in a whole bunch of games. the international students have their own group so it was all of us competing in really random things like singing in spanish and salsa dancing. we definately lost. it was outside all day and it was superhot, but it was a good time. i tried to post some pictures but the computer won´t work so next time i will. it was a pretty fun day though. i played some basketball, futbol, sack raced, and did tug o war. it was funny because between every game all the exchange owuld run to the cafe where there is air conditioning but all the mexicans are used to it so they just waited outside. i was dripping with sweat.....good times. every team had a mascot and this poor high school boy had to wear a huge lion costume all day. anyways, thats besides the point. it was a good time but we had to be there at 730 am so it was an early morning to catch the hour long bus ride out there. then me and ilona and cam headed down to the beach for a while. the water was really clear today and there was even a random guy snorkelling just off the shore....i´m pretty sure he couldn´t see much.
the last few days have been pretty lowkey. i´ve down A LOT of spanish studying walked around and tood some pictutres of old mazatlan. its neat because half of it is remodeled and the buildings are really nice, but the half is pretty ghetto. my classes are pretty fun so far. besides spanish i´ve got hotel and tourism in mexico and doing business in mexico.
last night ilona heather and i went down to the plaza machado to study. i was doing spanish and had to make a map of my house and label everything in spanish. i didn´t know how to say toilet and neither did they so we had to do the actions and ask the waiter how to say it. it was pretty amusing but we figured it out eventually.
thats about all the news i have for now. tomorrow night is a girls birthday so we are going to a bar called latitude where girls drink for free on thursdays so i´m pretty pumped about that. apparently you have to go at abou 8 in order to get in so it could be a long night. on friday its the back to school party for the university and its being held at a bar called sumbawa which is in that big white castle full of bars (i will post a pic of it soon). anyways, its 50 pesos to get in (about 5 bucks) and there is an open bar from 9-11 and then 2 for 1 beer after that, which is about 2 beers for 3.00. just thought i would rub that in for all of you in calgary. it should be a good time. i will keep you posted.
i think on saturday or sunday we are going to take either a catamaran ride out to the island offshore and do some snorkeling or just lay on the beach i´m not sure, or me and another girl might take a surf lesson. quite a few guys have been going surfing at about 6am every morning which is nuts but probably really fun so hopefully i can try it out too.
sarah

Advertisement



19th August 2006

mofo
your one lucky biatch my friend, im jealous have lots of fun getting drunko...ha bye bye

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb