my school has palm trees


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
August 9th 2006
Published: August 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i haven´t done much the last two days because of school. yesterday was orientation for the exchange students so we played some strange baseball mexican style and some other random games. It was fun to meet all of the students i hadn´t met yet. everyone is really nice and easy to get along with. there are a lot of canadians- about 10 i think- and a lot of FInnish - about 15 i think. there are about 60 exchange students, so we make up more than 10% of the campus. different I know, but its good because you recognize someone everywhere.
i´ve been studying quite a bit for my spanish class which i have again today in a few hours. i´m waiting for everything to start to click, but that has yet to happen. the girl from new york that lives next door to me with a family is my tutor because she is basically a machine in the advanced spanish class. I signed up for another spanish class that is just communication, supposedly it helps you speak better so i will cross my fingers and hope i don´t fail.
The UNiversity also has all of these extra sports and cultural activity things that you can sign up for like basketball, guitar, futbol, dance. they are just like other classes, but for fun so i am assuming you don´t get graded. anyways, i signed up of percusiones, which is drums, but not normal drums, bongos and such. i´m feeling pretty pumped about it. its every tuesday and thursday afternoon so we´ll see how it goes. i don´t know of any other exchange students who signed up for it so i´m guessing it will all be in spanish and i´m gonna be out of the loop again. whatever, bongos look fun.
today is the one guy from vancouver´s birthday so i imagine everyone will be doing something later. i guess every year they have a big opening supper at Sr. Frog´s with all the exchange and Mexican students so that is tomorrow night. it should be fun.
I am running out of pesos so i need to find a bank machine somewhere, hopefully it doesn´t eat my debit card because i sure didn´'t think of bringing more that one....oops.
anyways, thats about it for now, i know this is a boring one but school is kind of putting a damper on all the good stories.
adios amigos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb