Time to study


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
August 7th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, today is the first day of classes and i only had one.....basic espanol, which really wasn´t even close to basic. she didn´t explaing anything and just started talking. i know the least of everyone in the class and really had no idea what was going on for most of it. i´m really gonna have to study my butt off for this one so hopefully it pays off. tomorrow is orientation so i´m not sure what we will be doing all day but it should be fun.
the campus is literally only 3 buildings, one is the cafeteria with really cheap and really good food, the other is the library which is only 1 floor and nothing compared to the UofC and then there are computers on the second floor, the other building is only three floors and has all the classrooms which only seat about 20 people each. a little strange i know. there is a gym and some basketball courts and a few other random things. its weird because i don{t have to speed walk from class to class in order to get there on time. the bus ride here is long and crappy though. it doesn{t have air conditioning and it must be a pretty popular route because there is a lot of people on it and it doesn´t smell too good. kind of like the ctrain at stampede time in calgary.
yesterday about 25 exchange students all went on a cruise to Stone Island which isnpt really an island. its a peninsula just south of mazatlan with amazing beaches. it was 200 pesos or about 20 bucks, and we got the boat ride out there, food, 2 activities each, and an open bar at the beach. it was really fun. we definately drank all of the alcohol that was in the bar and then went banana boating. there was horseback riding, boogie boarding, beach volleyball, and the food was good, although i have no idea what it was. it was raining at first but its so warm that it doesn´t even phase you. anyways, it was a good time and everyone headed to joe´s oyster bar again after that. i tried to convince peope to go to Canucks, the canadian bar, but no one is as excited about it as i am. we ended up in the pool of a hotel in the golden zone caled los sabalos, which probably isn´t allowed but we didn´t get kicked out so it was all good.
the night before that we all went down to plaza machado to this place with live music. it was funny ebcause the first song they sang was CCR and it was half spanish half english.
anyways, its really strange to be at university right now and have palm trees everywhere and such.
sarah

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.098s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb