the last week with everyone...CRAZY


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
November 21st 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok so i con´t know how to describe this last week....especially the weekend. its been so good but in a bitterzweet way for sure because everyone is getting ready to head out and most people are actually leaving THIS friday....i never thought this day would come
ANyways, so last monday I went on a tour of the Cervezeria where they make the Pacifico beer which is golden. but basically the tour was all in spanish so i only caught a bit of it but it seemed pretty interesting and they gave us free beer and we went to the top of the towers where we watched the sunset and it was nicest view i´ve had of Mazatlan besides parasailing.
Tuesday night was carlos´last night here so we bought a cake for him (the same kind that he sat on about 3 weeks ago) and got them to write NO SITTING on it. it was funny. it was his birthday on wednesday so we put candles on it and surprised him. it was me jason danielle alyssa claudia and heather and it was really sad saying goodbye to him but i´m sure i will see him again eventaully.
On Wednesday my bongo class had a concert at El Cid in the golf clubhouse. it was like this big tec expo with lots of the student and they had random booths set up and such. it was really fun. we played our solo thing and then we played for the flamenco dancers as they danced. It was pretty awesome if i may say so. jason videotaped it for me but i dont know how or where i can post that up on the internet so you will probably have to wait to see it til april when i get home. me and antonio and jason met at Gusgus a little early and had a few beers....it helps with the rythm. i love my bongo class and got some pictures so i need to post those up on facebook.
on thursday I skipped class because we have so many absenses we can use and i hardly used any so i figured why not. i worked on my final paper for espanol basically all day and then went and taught english for the last time with heather. it was SO MUCH harder then i thought it would be to say bye to the kids. its weird cause i barely speak their language and they speak even less of mine but still i almost cried. There is one little boy name Isreal who is soooo damn cute i cant even explain. i want to take him home. i totally ditched out on half of on of the classes a few weeks back and played soccer with him instead. On Thursday me and heather realized that we didnt want to teach we wanted to have fun so we bascially took tons of pictures cause the kids thought our cameras were so cool and then we played soccer and ran about for 2 hours. it was so fun. they all gave us hugs and my favorite Isreal gave me a kiss on the cheek and it was so cute i love him.
On Friday i had my final presentation for spanish. I had to take about the importance of the historic centre of mazaltna IN SPANISH for 10 minutes. it was hard but i think i did pretty good. Friday night there was a Tec party at a place called Broadway. there was an open bar from 9-11 which was good. it was funny cause there was a big white curtain hanging behind the booths and lucy thought it was a wall...so she went to get out of the booth and leaned against it and just fell right over it was SO funny. she was stuck down behind the booth and none of us could help us cause we were laughing so hard. then they gave out all these stupid awards which i couldn´t even believe like "the prettiest girl" and "who you turn your back on when they walk by". seriously it was stupidest most retarded thing EVER. we ended up leaving and going to Bora because it was so lame.
On Saturday me and jason went out for dinner at the plaza to pedro and lola whch was really good. there was this blues singer from canada playng and it was awesome. after that we met up with heather and went to mauricio, sergio, and jesus´play at the Museum of Art. it was the fiddler on the roof in spanish but it was so good and funny because we recognized most people in it. sergio was a massive fat guy and he was hilarious and mauricio was like this little stud who didnt have hardly any lines but just stood there and all the girls wanted him....it was funny.
after that we walked about 2 blocks away to Sandra the french girls birthday party at her apartement. it was so fun because basically all the exchange students were there and we sang happy birthday and were dancing and it was just a crazy time. after that me jason lily an djudith went to Sr. Frogs. I ended up dancing on the stage with the three guys from my bongo class mauricio nest and jesus. they are the funniest guys ever and it was a great time. after we went to bora because we thought everyone would be there but it turns out they all passed out at sandras so we just went home.
on sunday Lnace found this place called Makira where you pay 110 pesos and get free drinks from 4pm-9pm so we all met up there and it was so fun. it was our desperdida party which is farewell party in spanish. we all had such a good time. we played beer pong, danced, played sociables, sswam, and lance and jason even made a beer luge out of a massive ice block which was relaly impressive. it basically ended with 3 people getting taking out way too drunk and the rest of us going home at 930 which felt like 3am and passing out. it was a relaly fun day. the funniest part would have to be when cam tried to give me a shot and i turned away and he dumped tequila in my eye....it burned so bad and my eyes were watering so bad he was like OH MY GOD let me help and literally started licking my eye for about 5 minutes....it worked...but it was a little awkward. if it had been anyone else but cam i probably would have punched him.
Yesterday it was Revolution Day so we had no school which was excellent. me heather danielle and jason went out for breakfast and then did homework ALL DAY LONG. it sucked. but after me and jason made some sweet carne quesidillas which made it all worth it.
Today i had 2 final projects due. one was supposed to be a presentation but because my teacher was late like always i didn´t even have time to present so i am a little ticked because i spent 2 hours making something that she probably wont even look at. but oh wel she will give me a good mark so its all good.
I have my last bongo class in a half hour which is sad and then we have our final concert tomorrow afternoon at Tec for the end of semester BBQ thing which should be fun. Tonight i have to do laundry and burn some pictures from heather because CLIFF COMES TOMORROW and i won´t get any of that done while hes here i´m sure. I sent out an email to all the exchange students telling them to meet us at this restaurant tomorrow night for supper so they can meet cliff and landon so hopefully eveyrone shows up but because of exams this week and such probably not.
anyways, thats about all i got for now. i will post more pics on facebook tonight probably and there are some up there now from teaching english and from jasons bday and all that jazz so check them out www.facebook.com.
take care everyone
sarah
oh ya and i guess its the holiday season which is odd because i keep seeing santas and everything beside palm trees which just does not seem right.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb