I HATE GOOD-BYES!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
December 1st 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well i think i've cried about 50 times this week which is really lame but i'm not even exaggerating. everyone is leaving and i never thought it would be so hard. i expected the whole getting here and making new friends and not know the city and being scared and all that good stuff.....but i NEVER expected the end to be the hardest part. its so sad cause it went by so fast and i feel like i just met these people and now BAM its over. Its so different from anything because when i left calgary i was like OHya its sad and all but i'll be back and everyone will be here and it will be fun....but here its like ok bye i may NEVER see you again and we will never be back in mazatlan together again and it will NEVER be the same again....unlike anyting i've ever experienced befcore and trust me it sucks.
BUT anyways, lets get back to the blog.
so its been a while....cliff and landon have come and gone and it was a great time. they got here on the 22nd which was more than a week ago. That day we had a farewell BBQ at TEC with free tacos which was sweet and then i came home and waited for them to arrive. That morning I had my last bongo concert too. We played in the auditorium at TEC and it was packed full of people. It was pretty sweet except the dancers were way off time so they made us look bad...haha. It was so good to see cliff and landon when they got here it was great. I took them straight to Joe's Oyster Bar which is right on the beach and we had a few beers. they were so excited it was so cute. then we headed to GusGus for supper where I told all the exchange students to go and it was awesome because almost everyone showed up to meet them... it was great and i'm glad that someone was able to meet all the other students cause they are amazing. after that most people had to go home and study for exams but me cliff landon heather jason nina antonio and his friend Baldo went to antonios house and chilled out for a while. it was a good time and then me cliff landon antonio baldo and nina went out to sumbawa which sucked cause there was a battle of the bands. it was funy cause the tourists landon cliff and baldo were having a great time and the rest of us were like this sucks.
then on thursday I went for breakfast with chih-shen and cliff and landon and then sent the two of them to the beach for the day so i could study for my spniash final. That night we met everyone at El Patio for their grand opening. everyone showed up and there was an open bar so we had a good time. it was sad though cause i had to say my first goodbyes to Petr from the Czech and Nick from Canada. afterwards we went to Bora Bora and it was really fun. Cliff and Landon picked up some Mexican girls and me and jason and heather laughed at them. heather had to translate everything and it was so funny. she even made a date for them the next day on the beach but they got stood up it was funny.
On Friday I went to school for my spanish final. it was at 9am so cliff and landon slept through. it went well and then I said bye to a few more people and headed back home. Me cliff and landon went to mega cause i had no food and we bought a bunch of stuff and then went home and made sushi....a LOT of sushi. jason alyssa claudia and danielle all ended up coming over to help us finish it all. afterwards me cliff landon and the three girls played sociables. it was a good time and then we went to bora AGAIN!! We danced the night away but the guys failed to pick up any mexicans so we went home early
on saturday me jason cluadia and heather took the boys to el centro and we went to the market, the cathedral, and hiked up the lighthouse. it wasf unny cause cliff and landon thought they could do it old school and went off the path to the top. they ended up taking about an hour longer than us and had to go back down and find the path anyways cause they got lost. but it was worth it all at the top cause t was so damn pretty. afterwards we went home and showered and such because we were all so sweaty and gross and then me cliff landon jason andheather went back to el centro to the plaza machado for supper. it was so nice butthe place is packed now with tourists on the weekend nights but its just so beautidful i love it. after supper we moved to FISHTACO the placewith 3 beers for 25 pesos and we sat outside and chatted for about 2 hours. it was really fun. then we all went to frogs and danced with mauricio and netto from my bongo class and met this total random brenda from vancouver. after we went to bora for about 20 minutes....mostly because i was supposed to meet cam there because t was his last night, but he ended up not going so that sucked and we just went home after clif and landon lost the crazy brenda girl....random i know. On Sunday I took cliff and landon parasailing. they had an awesome time and i[m so glad they went. they were even a little scared i think....haha losers. after that i went to lances where cam was at and hung out with them while cam packed his stuff up. then heather came later and we had to say bye to the two of them. it sucekd A LOT. i really miss them already and its only been a week. right now they are in guatemala which is pretty sweet. after they left we just went to a movie for the night and hung out.
on monday i took landon and cliff to el capitanos for dinner. we got the shrimp where you have to pull the heads off and everything and it was so good. we all suck so bad and it took us forever to eat about 10 of them. after that we just went back to joes and drank beer all day and would randomly run and jump in the ocean and then go back to the bucket of beer. it was a fun time and me and landon tried to body surf but i think we just ended up looking like retards. good times. then we went to this sports bar wth jason andmatt for monday night football. it was so weird cause the place was PACKED with americans and they were all cheering and being really obnoxious and i wanted to punch them. we didn[t stay for the whole game and ended up going to antoerh 2 dolalr movie.
tuesday the boys left which was sad. the week went by so fast but i guess thats the way it goes. after they left i went to playa bruja with judith and jason and we layed on the beach all day and then later a bunch of us met at tony[s for claudias goodbye party. it was a dsturbing night because there was a really old white man probably about 80 dirty dancing with about a 25 year old mexican girl....or maybe guy....too close to call. awkward i know and i kind of wanted to throw up a little.
The next morning claudia left at about 4am and she left post it notes ALL OVER the apartment saying really random things and i love them. i still have some of them up and dad and kelly are going to be like what the hell is this.....that night was jasons last night so we went out to this fancy steak place for dinner.
jason left on thursday and i went to the airport with hm and mauricio and it was really sad. i definately cried when he left and was not a happy camper. but i cheered up that night at jungle juice with all the girls that were still elft in mazatlan. it was a fun time and then me jaana and judith went to bora and danced for about 5 hours. good times. liz and antonio were supposed to come with us but liz....being a drunken fool.....ate 2 street meat hot dogs REALLY fast and then threw up all over the street and antonio had to take her home. it was sad but funny at the same time.
On friday alissa had a despidida at the raquet club pool which was fun. lots of peopl showed up and we had a bunch of food and drnks and we all just hung out all afternoon around the people...it ended with eveyrone throwing everyone else in the pool which was exactly what i thought would happen. that night my alissa danielle ion and mauricio went to sumbawa for an open bar. it was interesting and all the waiters were wearing blinking santa hats which was really random because i didn[t even realize it was december....WEIRD. they even had foam blowing down like snow...and it look so real i was really confused for a second until started inhaling it and it burned my throat. it was pretty cool though.
allissa left saturday morning and then i went to the inn at mazatlan with lucy anotnio and nadine and layed by the pool all day until nadine had to leave. people are just dropping like flies here it sucks. afterwards i did ALL my laundry in my kitchen sink which is random i know but i don[t want to pay the laundromat so it works just fine. then i went to lances where there were about 7 of us. monroe and juha just got back from MExico City so they told us some funny stoies and then we just all sat around and had a few beers. it was really funny because ion decided to drink wine and he got drunk quite fast and then just starting reading a book at the table and tapping his foot to the music for about 2 hours....and monroe just kept stting on the couch and eating kiwi which i dont even know where hewas gettng from and juha was really drunk just stumbling aorund whch was amusing because hes so big and tall and lacking coordination. me andlance just sat there laughing at everyone for about an hour. it was a fun night.
Yesterday was a grea day. me and lucy went to market and bought all these cheap groceries and then walked all aorund centro enjoying the views. it was great. then we came cback to my house and made sushi wth nina which was a fun time. except my stove ran out of gas which sucked and we had to go use my crazy neighbors microwave to make the rice....it was an awkward 15 minutes of small talk....but totally worth it cause the sushi was good. afterwards we just rented the movie FRIDA which is about diego rivera and frida the famous mexican artists. it was really cool to watch it because their paintings are EVERYWHERE in this country its crazy.
today dad and kelly get here. i am pumped to see them. they should get here around 3 so i[m just chilling at the internet cafe right now and then i[ll probably hang out at some hotel[s pool until that time. i[ve got a lot of stuff planned for us to do so it should be a fun week. i will kee you posted.
sarah

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb