2 Days Relaxing at the Resort


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo
July 14th 2022
Published: July 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This morning felt good to be able to sleep in with no room service loud buzzer waking us up. We rolled out of the room around 10:00 to the breakfast place above one of the pools with an amazing view of the beach. Taking it slow on the morning, our next stop was at the Spa for a hydrotherapy treatment that was a pool full of massaging jets for different muscles in your body from head to toe. There was also a hot jacuzzi of jets that we sat in before going back to the room to get cool and have some time on our patio with swim-up pool. The resort has 2 main pools, a long pool and a very large round pool, so we tried going to the round pool this day for the first time to relax under umbrellas and shaded palm trees from the hot sun. The pool recliners were so close to the ocean that you could hear the waves crashing while sitting, plus included a swim up bar and calmer music than the long pool's constant loud, dance music. After getting cleaned up, we headed to dinner with a reservation at the Hibachi steakhouse restaurant at the resort, some authentic Japanese food cooked and served by Mexican hibachi chefs. During dinner, we took our first facetime from Nathan and the kids that reminded us how much we missed them, but they were happy with the time spent with the Lees and now were with Nana and Grandpa back at home. We walked around the resort and took some pictures, chatted up some of the other guests, then called it an early night.

Friday was the 2nd to last day before leaving so we had our last time left to enjoy the beautiful resort and the all-inclusive food and drink we wanted. At this time of the week, it felt better not to stuff ourselves anymore without feeling sick, so we did some light meals on the day. The morning started great with a walk down to the beach to view the daily routine of the tractor pulling machine that picked up the seaweed off the beach that accumulates each day. The ocean was fine to swim in, very salty but warm, and we also found time to rent double and single kayaks to use in the ocean. Tory beat Steve in a kayak race to the buoys in the ocean, but to be fair, Steve was mostly trying not to tip over in the ocean from the rolling Gulf of Mexico waves. One of the most fun part of the evenings was a Casino entertainment night that we played Blackjack for fun (not real money) in a raucous room of people that were having a good time. Every night there was a dance party, mostly full of loud Reggaetone, so we didn't stay long on the dance floor this night or even make it that late any other nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb