Last Day at the Resort


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
July 16th 2022
Published: March 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Another good morning of sleeping in seemed like a good way to end our last day. We spent some time on the beach, plus trying out two different sets of hammocks at the resort for one last time to swing on like a baby swing (no wonder how it gets babies to sleep so easily.) We got some tacos and guacamole at the beachside grill one last day for lunch and then headed up to exit to catch our ride to the airport. We wanted to try to go into downtown Cancun to find some gifts but decided against it, as it worked out fine to get a few things from the airport for the kids, plus already some things from our day in Tulum at the marketplace. The flight was an easy, direct flight into LAX, then Grandpa George picked us up and drove us home for the night. The kids were asleep and Nathan left a note to remind us to give them kisses, it was a relief to be back home sleeping in the same room as our kids again.

Overall, the trip was very relaxing and was a perfect way to celebrate our 10-year anniversary. There was no time to worry about the day-to-day responsibilities of the kids, work, and keeping up with the family obligations of shopping, cleaning, and meals. We actually had lots of time to talk about things that are hard to find the time to even think about on a typically busy day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb