Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tulum EntranceTulum EntranceTulum Entrance

The map of Tulum near the entrance.
We left the hotel at 8am, and after a rest stop, we arrived at the Tulum ruins a bit after 11am. After Lisa got our tickets and my video pass for a fee of 35 Pesos, we had about an hour and a half to stroll around the ruins of Tulum and the gift shops before we'd have to reboard the bus for our lunch stop. Tulum wasn't as large as Tikal or as elaborate as Copan, but it had it's own beauty being on the ocean and of course, the iguanas! The buildings were fairly simple and the site wasn't very large, so we had little problem seeing pretty much the whole thing in the time allotted. You can swim in a small lagoon right there at the ruins, but it was fairly crowded and we decided we didn't want to go to the trouble of going back out to the entrance, change into swim suits, and then return to the swimming area so we could each swim while the other watched our stuff. We left Tulum after a bit of shopping for souvenirs and stopped for lunch, on Lisa, at a small local type restaurant serving grilled chicken.
Tulum Temple and BeachTulum Temple and BeachTulum Temple and Beach

One of the temples of Tulum, right on the beach.
I'm not sure of the name of the place was, but the chicken was great and we alos had rice, coleslaw and spaghetti. After lunch we headed on to Cancun for our last night in Hotel Carrillos. Our room was pretty nice, with TV and A/C! Arriving about 3:30pm or so, we walked down to the bus station three blocks away and bought our bus tickets for tomorrow to Merida. Afterwards, we browsed the gift shops, a local chain sotre like Wal-Mart, and believe it or not, a Wal-Mart Supercenter! We returned to the hotel a bit before 7pm for our farewell dinner at a nice restaurant a couple blocks away. Manoli and I both had a nice large salad, orangeade, lemonade, and a capuccino. Total was 299 Pesos ($30US) including the 15% tax/gratuity. Having said goodbye to our driver Luis earlier, we returned to the hotel, said our goodbyes to the rest and after strolling a bit, hit the sack.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Tulum IguanaTulum Iguana
Tulum Iguana

One of many iguanas at Tulum, up real close! Unfortunately, I can find them in any other pics so yoú'll have to wait for video.
Tulum Chicken GrillTulum Chicken Grill
Tulum Chicken Grill

The grill at the restaurant in Tulum.
Tulum Lunch TogetherTulum Lunch Together
Tulum Lunch Together

Grilled chicken lunch for the group in Tulum.
Hotel CarrillosHotel Carrillos
Hotel Carrillos

The hotel the tour stayed in at Cancun.
Hotel Carrillos RoomHotel Carrillos Room
Hotel Carrillos Room

Our room at The hotel in Cancun.
Last DinnerLast Dinner
Last Dinner

Our tour group having their last dinner together in Cancun.
Our tour group and driverOur tour group and driver
Our tour group and driver

Our Tucan Iguana Tour group and our driver Luis.


Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb