Hola!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
November 14th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

View from lobby at resortView from lobby at resortView from lobby at resort

you'd think its a pool...but its not!! there were heaps of these water features all around the hotel
DAY 38
Had the alarm set for 3.45am as we had to get a taxi at 4.30am so we were at the airport by 5.30am ready for our flight at 7am. I had a heart attack when i looked at my watch as it said 4.50am – i thought Scott had set the alarm wrong. I looked at the time on the laptop, phone and alarm clock and they all said 3.50am.....couldn’t figure out what had happened! When i looked up the time online, i realised that daylight savings had ended and the phone and alarm clock had automatically updated! Thank God. We got through Passport control on the border no problem and got to the airport by about 5.30am. When we checked in, we realised our flight had been cancelled. I thought this was a bad thing, until we realised it meant we were on an earlier flight going via Charlotte instead of Philadephia and that we would be in Cancun ant 11.45am instead of about 4pm. Woohoo! We had no problems with any of the flights and we got into Cancun right on time. The only issue i had on the plane was that my cold was getting worse and i had the worst headache ever and stuffed up nose. Each time the plane started to descend ready for landing my ears felt like they were going to explode. It was so painful! Took me ages once off the plane to be able to hear properly again. Once we got off the flight and cleared customs we organised a transfer to the hotel. We used the Hertz taxi service which was probably pretty expensive but at least they were trusted drivers and we knew we would get there! On the way out to the taxi we got stopped by about 3 different people trying to sell us tours. We managed to avoid booking anything and walked out to our taxi. The drive to the resort was pretty uneventful, we passed a lot of different resorts, but we got there at about 1.30pm. The resort is just massive, there are 5 different hotels within the same resort each with a different lobby. When we checked in we got a free welcome drink and all the information we’d need for our stay. We got given a wristband to wear for the entire stay which would give us access to all of the bars, buffets and restaurants. We could eat at the buffets as often as we liked, but we could only eat at the restaurants for 3 nights and we had to book a day in advance. There were about 8 different themed restaurants to chose from – Italian, Steakhouse, Japanese, Mexican, Brazillian, Seafood and more that i can’t remember. As it was an all inclusive resort we didn’t have to pay for anything. Once we checked out our room and dumped our bags we headed over to the buffet lunch as we were starving as we’d only had a muesli bar earlier in the morning at Buffalo. The buffet was pretty big and they seemed to have a good variety of food. We went back for dessert and must say we were pretty full. We went for a walk to check out the pools and the beach which looked beautiful. Each of the pools had a swim up bar and the beach had tonnes of palm trees, white sand and nice clear blue water. We were pretty tired at this point so went back to the room for a nap. The nap turned into quite a bit of a sleep and we didn’t wake up until almost 7pm! We headed out to the lobby bar to get a few drinks – thought we’d better try the cocktails. We had a couple each before heading across for dinner – although we probably didn’t need it as we’d had a pretty big lunch. Even after our sleep we were still pretty tired after a long day so we headed back to the room for bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Start of the pool at resortStart of the pool at resort
Start of the pool at resort

There were heaps of different pools there


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb