What Is That Sound?


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Puerto Aventuras
January 26th 2016
Published: January 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

"The quieter you become, the more you can hear". Ssshh...what is that sound? I can barely identify it because I don't hear it very often. It's the sound of silence...Ahhhhh. The sigh heard around the world. Most of you can relate to waking up on vacation on the first day, in a new place & having no darn idea where the heck you are! (And I'm not referring to the dance with a bottle of Tequila the... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




27th January 2016

Thanks for sharing the second half of your blog...
Linda and I agree with everything you said...good advice.
27th January 2016

Thanks for sharing...
Thanks Bob - it's been a good reminder for us how easy it is to forget your partner when you're busy raising a family. We forget enough we can drive off & leave our spouses' in bathrooms at a pit stop!! Cheers! Sal
27th January 2016

Hola from Playa
I walked by Luna Encantada on Sunday and looked for you thinking I might by chance see you since always come down this time of the year. I am happy you made it to Mexico and glad you are trying something new. By the way your place looks pretty darn swanky, I am jealous!!!! lol Once again as every year, we see so many changes in Playa and this year has really got me turned off from this place. I am not too impress with the new malls and how commercialized and expensive everything is. Gone are all the sweet charming palapa restaurants and shops, all being replaced with chain store boutiques and let me ask you this, do you think there is a need for yet another "Victoria Secrets" on 5th ave. less then 2 blocks apart?? Crazy, anyway, my biggest loss this year is the closure of Titi Pani.......I am devastated!!!! Those people were my friends and that was my go-to restaurant. The owners closed their business after high season last year and traveled to Canada and the US. They have returned to Playa for the winter and are not sure what their next move is but for now they are just taking a break.....I am here for 2 months and this time I won't be sorry to go home, sad to say, but I am not really looking forward to spending the winter here next year and will cut back on my time in Playa and spread my wings and look elsewhere for "paradise on earth". Take care and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!
28th January 2016

Right on point
PA is perfectly described! Marriage is perfectly described! How many margaritas did it actually take to come to that wisdom? Love the blog. Only jealous that my place here isn't as nice:-)

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb