63 Days in Cozumel - The Best Vacation of our Lives!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
February 1st 2013
Published: February 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe how fast time has gone, today is our last day of 63 days in Cozumel and this is the last blog of our trip. Thank you to everyone who has been interested in reading about our adventure.

Cozumel exceeded our expectations by far, contrary to some of the bad hype about Mexico, Cozumel is very safe and a wonderful place for a vacation. It's also very reasonably priced. We work like crazy most of the year so we wanted a place where we could relax and recharge our batteries - Cozumel certainly delivered!

We had great weather almost every day we were here. We did almost everything there is to do. I had my first Christmas away from home. My son Gord and his friend Marty being here made it super special and very entertaining. Who could forget Rambo and Hurt Boy and their adventures with rent-a-Harley. We visited some pretty cool Mayan ruins at San Gervaisa. We golfed with the aligators at Cozumel Golf & Country Club. We rented scooters and cruised around the Island. We sat around at some amazing beaches. Ian went scuba diving several times. His brother John, came out for our last week here and got his scuba ticket too. I snorkeled for the very first time and several times after that as well, found something new to love!

We did tons of shopping in some fantastic stores. We saw several really great movies in a very nice theatre. We saw some excellent live music. We even learned to speak a little bit of Spanish. We ate wonderful food both here in our condo and at some fabulous restaurants, probably a little too much of that!!

Our condo, the Villas Mayaluum, was pretty good. The location is great, right across from the ocean and walking distance to downtown. The place is fairly new, rooms are a good size, the yard is gorgeous and pool is awesome. I would suggest however that the owners invest in some better patio furniture and living room sofas. And unfortunately the driveway area smells like septic which is not very pleasant. We learned to hold our breath when walking in or out. Otherwise, the kitchen table is fine and the beds are comfortable. The kitchen is sparsley stocked with dishes, utensils and super cheap appliances. For those following along, our landlady, Cecilia, did end up bringing us a new coffee maker and toaster, but she didn't replace our microwave that crapped out and our washing machine never worked - it is Mexico after all.

The people here are awesome, everyone is happy all the time. It's a fun place to be. We made made some great new friends, some who live here and others from various places.

Overall, we'd give our Cozumel experience 4.5 out of 5. If we'd had a little better accomodations - we would have given it a 5 out of 5. It was the best trip of our lives and we will definitely come back.

Adios Cozumel... unti we meet again!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb