Boxing Day with Rambo & Hurt Boy


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 27th 2012
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When the boys were downtown on Christmas, one of the sales people trying to lure them into a store called Gord 'Rambo' and the nickname has really stuck. He's gained some weight since we've last seen him and his muscles are huge and hair very short! Marty, on the other hand, wasn't feeling too good for a couple of days when he first got here, so he's picked up the nick name, 'Hurt Boy.' Not sure who gave him that, probably Ian. Luckily it wasn't anything serious and Marty's feeling better now. It's tons of fun having them both here.

We decide to rent a jeep, so Ian and the boys head out to ask around at a few places, then finally they setttle on a one day rental some place downtown. No sooner do they get into the jeep as it starts pouring like crazy, so Ian ducks into the Chedraui covered parking lot to let the rain pass. The puddles form quickly, some of the puddles they drive through are almost up to their doors. There is a convertible top rolled up at the front of the jeep, so they put that up and it sort of helps, at least for the front seats. They are all soaking wet by time they get back to the condo. We had planned on golfing, but it's super expensive so we decide to postpone that to another day with better weather.

We skype with Miranda and see the kids. Kale is busy playing as usual, Kacen is such a happy baby. Looks like they are also having a nice day.

A couple of hours later the weather clears up, so we drop off our laundry, the boys get to see San Miguel off the tourist path for the first time, an eye opener for them. Then we drive out to Playa Palancar for some beach time and a swim in the ocean. Afterwards, we drive around the East shore of the Island, the circle Island tour, which lands us downtown where we pick up some ribeye steaks for our Boxing Day barbeque. Steaks that would cost around $10 or so each are $4 here. The boys go out to meet up with some girls and hang around the beach, while Ian and I catch some movies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



28th December 2012

You forgot to add that Gordo showed Bens grandma his tattooed butt on Skype and almost gave that 70 year old lady a heart attack!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb