Feliz Navidad!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 25th 2012
Published: December 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas!! Ian went scuba diving Christmas Eve, he did two dives, one 90 ft and the other 60 ft. He had a great time even though he was the least experienced diver on the boat with 16 divers. They went further south than Punta Sur and we learned there are 23 reefs along the coast here and for many, this is the best diving in the world. He saw lots of neat stuff down there. He was gone from 8 am to 2 pm.

We skype with Miranda and her kids, who are back home from Orlando. Those babies are the cutest!

Gord and Marty arrive on Christmas eve around 9:30 pm having just caught the last ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. We are happy to have Gord here to celebrate Christmas in Cozumel. Since we were all pretty tired, it was a quiet Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day Ian takes the boys downtown to look around, then there is time to relax by the pool before preparing dinner. We skype with Sonya, KJ and the kids. The kids are both growing up way too fast!!

When I open the thawed turkey, I am suprized to find that it is already cooked or smoked, oh no. One thing I know about turkey is that once it's cooked, it doesn't freeze very well. There's nothing I can do about it, so Ian cuts it up into some large pieces and we wrap it in foil and pop it in the oven to warm up. The stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, beans and salad are really good, but the turkey is pretty much disgusting and inedible- it's the worst Christmas turkey ever! The boys eat some of it anyway, but we decide to just throw the whole thing in the garbage so we don't have to prolong the experience any further.

We catch a movie after dinner and the boys go out for a while. It might have been the worst turkey ever, but our family is happy and healthy, we have fabulous weather in an amazing place so we still feel like the luckiest people in the world!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb