Mexican Chicken and Rambo's New Do


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 28th 2012
Published: December 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It is a pretty cloudy day, the boys return our rental jeep and do some shopping downtown for a while. We pick up our laundry from a little place in what I refer to as 'the bad part of town.' It's really not, it's just the outskirts, but I call it that as the buildings are tagged with grafitti and most of the businesses are closed, definitetly appears rougher area than other areas and still some nice properties intersperced. Our laundry never looked so good, everything is clean, folded and almost seems like it was pressed. Two large loads for $7. I wish we had something like that at home, I'd never do laundry again.

Ian isn't feeling that great as he is having some trouble with his sinus. We all take a siesta in the afternoon, then Ian and I walk back over to the outskirs of town again to pick up one of the rotisseire chickens for dinner. The place we go to is very clean, it's the last store on the road at the edge of town. This time we get two mystery sauces with it, one looks like some kind of pickled red onions and the other is a tomato based salsa. The boys all try it, but no one cares for the picked onions, the chicken is excellent though!

I head to bed early while Ian and the boys head over to a nearby bar restaurant called Paprikas and listen to some jazz for a while. On the way, the meet the owner of the 'Rent a Harley' store so now the boys are all keen on renting motorcycles even though neither of them knows how to drive one. I think its a terrible idea but I'm pretty sure they are going to do it anyway.

When they get back to the condo, they work on Gordy's Mexican hairstyle. He's been growing a mohawk, Ian trims it up with his trimmers and then they dye the mohawk part blond. I thought it would look worse than it does. He likes it, so that's what counts - crazy guys.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb