Two floods in one day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 14th 2012
Published: December 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was a very rainy morning, the kind of rain you don't see very often, the kind that comes down so hard and so fast that the drains can't keep up. Our pool was even overflowing. Our maid came in the morning so we were watching TV in the living room. I had left the bedroom window open and didn't notice how much water was coming in. I went in the bedroom where the maid was cleaning to find about an inch of water on the floor. She was cleaning it up with a large squeegy, dust pan and bucket. I grabbed a mop to try to help, what a mess. We felt bad about the extra work for her.

To give her some space, we tried Gerry B's suggestion about the chicken fajitas at Hog Town Cafe next door. Thanks Gerry, those really were very good!! We will go there again for sure.

After the maid left, I put a load of laundry in, it had leaked last time but we figured we could get away with one more load but we were sadly mistaken. Water started pouring out of the door of the washing machine. Ian came in and helped hold the door shut and that helped temporarily, but then water started pouring out the bottom. Then Ian opened the door and water really started gushing out. We tried to catch it in buckets but let's just say it's a good thing there is a drain on the floor in the laundry room. What a mess. I pulled out the soaking wet laundry and put it in the bathtub and bailed out as much water as I could from the washer. We will need to figure something out for our soaking wet clothes later. As time went during the day I mopped up occassionally, but it will take at least a day to fully dry out that room.

It's a good thing this condo is made from cement and not wood, so the people downstairs did not have to share our floods.

The weather cleared up somewhat later in the day, so we walked down to the cruise ship terminal. I blogged previously about the Oasis of the Seas, the largest cruise ship in the world, 16 decks, holds 6,000 people. It was in port again today so I got a picture. Truly an amazing boat and so much larger than the others. Golf course and tennis court and water park at the front, rock climbing and zip lining at the back, stores, shops, park, restaurants. If you are interested, just google Oasis of the Seas to learn more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb