Lobsteria!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 15th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The nice weather is back, yay!! We go for our longest walk so far. We walked from our condo along the ocean downtown as far as the shopping district goes. Then we start back along the back streets.

On the airplane on the way here, the guy sitting next to me said he had been to Cozumel about 20 times, he mentioned his favorite restaurant here was La Lobsteria. Ian and I had seen this restaurant on our walk before, a little off the beaten path, nothing too fancy, so we decided to stop in for lunch. Ian had lobster tacos and I had lobster pasta. Our waiter didn't speak much English. I was expecting pasta with some kind of sauce (hopefully not too spicy) and some pieces of lobster but I got a whole lobster tail with rotini on the side that I would guess was tossed in olive oil with parmesan, with some brocolli and a tomato as well on the side. Both meals were absolutely delicious, we both agreed that mine was the best of the two. Neither of us had such a perfectly cooked lobster before, it was nicely seasoned and not greasy, perhaps it was baked. Both meals were a good size, not too large and not too small, just right. Ian had a margarita and beer, I had a lemon drink, our whole bill was $35. We will definitely be back, this was our best meal so far!

After lunch on the walk back, there was a large cactus in a pot on the sidewalk in front of someone's house, as Ian walked by it he must have brushed against it as it stuck him with prickles and scratched up his arm up pretty good, I guess we can say that Ian was attacked by a cactus!

We stop for a few groceries then walk back to the condo. We were both completely soaked with sweat by this point, so we hung around the pool for the rest of the afternoon. We have the pool to ourselves, the water is nice and cool, we are both super happy and pleasantly stuffed with lobster. Ian took a snooze on a lounger while I read for a while. It's hard to believe it has already been two weeks since we arrived.

We head across the street for sunset and meet up with Jim as usual, a new friend from Texas, who has lived here in Cozumel for over 30 years. He has been helpful with his insight and information and about the area. Without a cloud in the sky, the sunset is completely unobstructed. Who could ask for a nicer day?

Advertisement



15th December 2012

Lobsteria!
Gerry & I are not familiar with the restaurant where you had the lobster - sounds like an excellent place. You guys will be so fit and trim by end January with all the walking and swimming, etc! We have been walking every morning too, with the dog - go for about an hour down the wash. Today is nicer day than yesterday - still quite cool though. probably 60 F or less. Have been looking at flight costs and dates on computer to come to Mexico in Jan. sometime. Nothing much new with us.....so until your next blog.....G&B

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb