Tuna, Rain and Laughs!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 13th 2012
Published: December 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We decided to thaw out the nice piece of frozen ahi tuna we bought the other day for dinner, it's one of Ian's favorites. We normally like to grill it quickly and serve it with Soya sauce and Wasabi. Although our search for Wasabi at the Super Mega hadn't worked out, we were successful at finding some Wasabi powder at Chedraui which will work just fine. Ian had the bbq all hot and ready to go, rice cooking on the stove, salad made. When we opened the tuna we noticed right away that something wasn't right, the tuna turned out to be already cooked and smoked. Neither of us had heard of smoked tuna before, it wasn't what we expected, it tasted ok, sort of like smoked salmon but tuna. Anyway, we decided to just slice it up and eat it cold with our rice and salad.

We still have lots of it left in the fridge, it should be suitable for snacks on some crackers with cream cheese.

There was a nice break in the rain so we go for a walk downtown to Punta Langosta (the main cruise ship terminal downtown.) We seem some funny T-shirts (Miranda these are the ones I was telling you about.) This used to seem like a far walk and now with all the walking we are doing, it seems like nothing. Ian prefers to walk around down the side and back streets off the tourist trek. Some of these streets seem like the bad part of town, so we don't go too far, but we see how the people here really live as opposed to just the touristy parts, their stores and restauarants. Ian wants to stop in at a little hole in the wall taco place since it smells pretty good but changes his mind when he gets a glimpse of the kitchen.

The weather is continuing a rainy pattern, but it's nice and cool. We are both managing to keep ourselves occupied. Ian brought the books for the welding course at Selkirk College along, so he is making good use of the rainy time by studying. Dont' worry, I'm marking his tests so no cheating is going on! I also have a few marketing projects to work on and doing a bit of cleaning around the condo. We are enjoying having some down time to read some novels as well, something we never seem to get a chance to do at home.

When we were down at the pool the other day, relaxing on the loungers in the sun, I notice Ian is almost asleep so I take a bit of the ice water from my water bottle and splash it on him (ha ha.) I learn to regret this later as there is a strange little window between our laundry room and the bathroom off our ensuite, so when I am in the shower, Ian gets a cup of freezing cold water and throws it at me through the window - now we are even, I hope!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb