Last Days Of Our Trip to Mexico 2011


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As I begin my ninth and final entry to this trips blog I look back with great memories some challenging moments I feel blessed that I was able to go to San Miguel De Allende. After taking a 3 hour bus trip from Queretero to Mexico City starting at 9:00AM We arrived home late Friday night 12:00 midnight exhausted but happy to be home in our own place. Nothing is better than returning home and fin... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ricks LunchRicks Lunch
Ricks Lunch

Hey Comida Corrida here which was a lunch that included pasta soup, a plate of Enchildas with Green sauce and unlimited Jaimaica Juice which is my new favorite summer daytime drink! Very refreshing!
Beautiful BathroomBeautiful Bathroom
Beautiful Bathroom

All marble and pounded copper, Oh My!!!
Beautiful FountainBeautiful Fountain
Beautiful Fountain

This was in the Judicial area of Quertero. This was a very clean and modern city. Everyone was so well dressed and the restaurants looked so fancy.
The gardenThe garden
The garden

Here they have a scene with the devil and hell. Wierd how they have all these scenes set up at gardens everywhere.
Typical Gelatina BoothTypical Gelatina Booth
Typical Gelatina Booth

Bought some Flan here very tasty!
Woman selling her Corn on the cob or in a cupWoman selling her Corn on the cob or in a cup
Woman selling her Corn on the cob or in a cup

We have eaten these a few times. Cannot compete with the corn we get in the spring or late summer. They either serve it swathed in Mayo and sprinkles with chili pepper or cut off the cob served in a cup with creme and chili powder. Interesting and certainly not the worse thing to eat but as a favorite snack,,, humm.. Not sure about that but they sure love it. This was our last night at the festival of food going on at the end of the street! The place was alive with people, foods, music and police officers. Our hotel was located a few hundred yards from this crazy scene! Imagne our stunned surprize when the next morning we were leaving for our bus ride to Mexico city to find the streets empty of the food carts and no evidence of what had happened the night before.
Painting of our Hotel Hildago in its PrimePainting of our Hotel Hildago in its Prime
Painting of our Hotel Hildago in its Prime

This is an old hotel we stayed at. The painting was in the huge Foyer before entering the courtyard. They had this beautifu rpainting and a short explanation of the hotels history at one time it must have been quite something. It was a very nice hotel nothing fancy in the way of rooms but very clean and the staff very nice.
ChiliquiliesChiliquilies
Chiliquilies

This is a mixture of chops, beans, green sauce, cheese, creme and chicken! Quite the breakfast. This is a common dish but this was a very good one not all are equal!
Spinach Salad at Mama Mia'sSpinach Salad at Mama Mia's
Spinach Salad at Mama Mia's

Rick and I went to Italian Dinner at local favorite in San Miquel. Rick ordered the salad but was dissapointed it was more like mine (I have him very trained don't I LOL) It was prettier than tasty the leaves a little tuff. Overall it was an okay restaurant and we had a nice time.
Chicken Cordon BleuChicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu

Never had one quite like this pretty and flavorful.
Hanging out in Mexico City Airport at the Red Carpet LoungeHanging out in Mexico City Airport at the Red Carpet Lounge
Hanging out in Mexico City Airport at the Red Carpet Lounge

Hanging out having a few drinks and snacks in the Red Carpet lounge afor United Airlines. Very quiet and nice filles with beverages and snacks whie waiting for your flight. A welcome reprieve after our 3 hour Bus trip to the Airport. We were pleasantly greeted when we checked in for our flight that they offered their first class passengers free admission to the lounge. We were hungry and thirsty so nice way to begin the trip home A happy Ending for sure.
View from AirplaneView from Airplane
View from Airplane

For as far as the eye could see were houses! Smoggy day as well! Hasta Luego Mexico
View from AirplaneView from Airplane
View from Airplane

It really was stunning view. Rick and I were enjoying a very empty first class. US Airways doesn't have much of a first class but the stewards were very nice, tasty drinks, lunch and snacks available but most of all the seats were comfortable so no complaints here.



10th January 2011

Beautiful photos... it looks like you had an amazing time, despite snobbish expats. (Sorry you had to deal with that)
10th January 2011

We had a Great time
Glad you liked my photos coming from you I take that as high praise. The one good thing about the ex-pats is that you really didn't have to deal with them as they would always cross the street or turn the corner or just look the other way so really easy not to have to speak with them. The other tourist were very nice and would always share info if they had it.
15th January 2011

Great Photos Great Tips
Your photos are great. They along with your titles give a wonderful impression of the area and the local population. I have been worrying about whether to take my family to the Guadalajara area in light of all the drug related crime. Years ago I traveled into Mexico on my own and never had any problems even though I am a woman. The Mexican people were always kind and generous. Puerto Vallerta around christmas was full of families and very festive, which is the environment I wanted. Your experience makes me think we could manage Guadalajara without any problems. I will still think about it but you remind me of how wonderful Mexico can be, thanks. PS: Expats. My father lives in Mexico as an ex-pat and says that most of them treat the Mexicans like dirt. I'm an ex-pat in Europe and the ex-pats where I live have a very strict hierarchy amongst themselves. If you don't show up with what they consider lots of money, a prestigous job, or a well connected family they will go out of their way to make you feel like 2nd class citizens. I complained about this to a Philippine and a Japanese friend and they thought their groups were much worse than the American ex-pats, because in their society it is already very stratified socially---so God forbid you should arrive in Europe as an aupair and hope to find any comraderie with the well-heeled Japanese or Phillipinno women. :--) Anyway.... thanks again for sharing.
24th January 2011

TY Karen
Karen I really think that you and your family would be as safe if not safer than where you may live. We really never felt any threat at all. SMA is a beautiful place to psend Christmas but with kids you may want to go to the beach as well lots more for kids to do and it is cold during Christmas in SMA. I wish I would have done half there and half at the beach. About the snobs of San Miguel I suppose it is true in most places and instead of being gracious they think that their money is enough to excuse their rude behavior well it's not.
2nd February 2011

As a Mexican myself, I recommend traveling to Oaxaca, Tlaxcala, or Yucatan to the Chitzen Itza, which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Felicity- Costa Alegre Deals
12th February 2011

Been there done that!
Thanks for the ideas. I traveled to Oaxaca/Hualtulco for a month a few years ago and been to the Yucatan many times in the last 20 years but would love to go again but hey so many places to go with so little time or money! SMA is one of the prettiest places in Mexico for the buildings but have had much better times in other parts of Mexico thats for sure. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb