And the Livin' is Easy....


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 24th 2012
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well.....we're not doing much these days...running on the beach in the morning beofre it gets beastly hot (Lynn), walking to the restaurant on the corner owned by a Canadian (Dan's Deluxe) for breakfast...a swim in the pool....maybe a taxi ride to another beach or to town....Reading on the roof top deck, a nap....walk on the beach to watch the sunset...dinner...some more reading.....and sleep...repeat the next day....

We went to the swimming beach a few days ago, and will go back after the weekend crowds have left. We went to the market in town today to buy a duffle bag, since Bill's suitcase is giving out. He also bought shorts...tried them on right there in the market!!! Wish I had a photio....

We'll visit a home for sale down the coast tomorrow, just out of curiosity..

We had an amusing encounter at the swimming beach: There were a large number of gringos there, taking surfing lessons, and drinking cocktails. Turns out they had been flown down from Calgary to have the hard sell on some over-priced condos about 45 minutes north of here. The salespeople were paying for everything, and our drinks got included....We figured it out after they left....We found out about the house we will see tomorrow when we told the receptionist here about it and she mentioned that house where she is living is for sale for much less...

My tooth is better....and my sore toe is not worse....


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Delivery guys carrying beer down to the beachDelivery guys carrying beer down to the beach
Delivery guys carrying beer down to the beach

Notice how many cases he has on his back!!!
Swimming....!Swimming....!
Swimming....!

In the ocean!!! One of my very favorite things to do....


Tot: 0.464s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 27; qc: 114; dbt: 0.1803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb