Indiana Jones and the bottle of Mescal


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
July 4th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we left Mexico City by 1st class bus, the lounge was more like an airport than a bus station. Metal detectors check your luggage in and the board a bus for the 6 hour bus journey. I had been dreading this but it went very quick and was actually really comfy.

We arrived in Oaxaca and after a short walk arrived at our new home Casa Angel. We have another private room which is new and very clean. The whole hostel is great. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hostel is very clean and they have a lovely free breakfast. Eggs cooked how you want, and very good price. Very near the main street.

The first evening we had a quick wonder around the main street and headed to a pizza place, as we were both tired from the long day travel. On the second day we headed out and walked the city. We explored the markets and of course ate more street food. Very very yummy and filling. I’m putting on weight with all this good food!

In the evening we headed to another lovely restaurant called Pitiona. There we had a 9 course tasting menu. The courses were based around traditional food done in new ways, very very nice meal. One of the best and very different I’ve had in awhile. Phill had the drink to match each course which consisted of Mescal and beer. We then realised we were dinning with a very well known face! Harrison ford and his family were eating here to. The staff were very happy and Phill had his photo taken with him, I have to say we were both a little star struck!

After our lovely meal we rolled ourselves back to the hostel for a good nights sleep.

The third day we again explored the markets. This time hunting out crafts to take home. Oaxaca is famous for its metal work. I had to stop myself and we don’t have much room left in our bags and we have a lot of other countries to visit. Again we sampled more food. This time in the form of a huge sandwich stuffed with lots of different meats, spices, beans, cheese avocado you name it it was in this yummy sandwich. We spent the evening having a wonder round the streets again.

Oaxaca is very different to Mexico City but I love it to. We headed out for dinner to try more Mexican Food.

Today is our last day in Mexico, tomorrow we head to Guatamala. Very interested if there will be as much fun and tasty as Mexico??


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb