Luche Libre, Street food and Speak Easy Bars


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after a quick, nice flight with Interjet (would recommend) we reached Mexico City Airport. First we had to stand in line and be sniffed by dogs bas we got off the plane, its pretty scary seeing all the police with guns. I had been a little nervous about Mexico City but I have to say I felt very safe and loved every minute of our 3 nights. Mexico City is full of culture, food and fun things to do.

We arrived at our hostel which was right in the centre next to the big Cathedral. We were booked into a restaurant called Pujol so it was a quick unpack wash and go, our taxi driver was useless and got lost so we were late for dinner. Dinner was Mexican street food made posh, very yummy and a great start to the next few days.

Day 1 we headed off to the market to have a wonder and of course eat! I am feeling more relaxed and healthy as the days go on. We tried out our very limited Spanish and joined in the fun at market food stalls. As usual we ordered lots and then moved on to another stall and another. We left the market very happy with everything we had tried. It is all so fresh and tasty, the best market food I have eaten. We ended the evening by gong to a speak easy bar that you had to enter by walking through a meat fridge at the back of a taco shop, cocktails were lovely. The tables were large skulls in glass boxes. The Mexicans love their skulls there every were.

Day 2 we did the cultural thing of temple and cathedral taking photos and of course more street food. Me and Phill are gradually working out how you eat some of the food, but we still seem to get in a mess. We then headed to Lucha Libre which is Mexican wrestling, great fun. We watched 6 matches and we were 3 rows from the front, great seats. If your ever in Mexico you have to go, are tickets only cost around 5 pounds.

We ended the last night visiting a famous cake shop. Which I have to say made my eyes bulge out my head and my tummy rumble. Trays and Trays of fresh huge cakes piled high. People were stacking there trays. Very crazy, never seen a shop like it.

We are now packing up and catching a coach across Mexico to a city called Oaxaca. Mexico City and been fun and yummy


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb