Cigars, Cars and plenty of Rum!


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
June 29th 2013
Published: June 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after an eventful journey, my tip never fly on a long flight with Air France totally rubbish. We arrived in a very hot and humid Cuba. We jumped in a taxi and headed for the Casa in La Habana.

The place we were staying was a lovely little flat looked after by a friendly lady. We ventured out the first night to have a look around and of course find some Rum! We visited a lovely bar and listened to some good music and drank some cocktails.

Havana is an Interesting place to visit, spent the days walking around looking at the amazing old buildings that are being restored and watching the classic cars pass you. Drinking rum, smoking cigars and talking to friendly locals (even if they are all trying to sell you somthing)

The smell of cigars is always in the air and a rum bar is not hard to find. Food on the other hand is hard to buy, unless your in a restaurant or bar most places will not/cannot sell you their products as tourists have their own currency. Hard to get use to when your able to buy anything, anytime at home.

Whilst in Cuba we had no working phone (still dont as it seems to not want to work anymore) and no internet, so it was very relaxing.

Now we have flown to Mexico city with interjet (much better) and the next part of the adventure begins ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb