Oaxaca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
February 9th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Quick note...Oaxaca has been a real pleasure . The zocolo is the busiest one ...and possibly the largest one...so far. The state band , marimba bands , indiginous musicians playing pipes and guitars along with pop and jazz musicins playing at the reestaurants around the zocolo made music a nearly constant thing.

As usual the churches architecture ranged from gothic to baroque to mexican baroque which is WAY out there in terms of ornate. I don-t undeerstand the need for all those churches other than to provide employment ...

Monte Alban a Zapotec ruin was impressive. Set in a very dry mountain area overlooking 3 valleys with a temple complex that had a 360 view it surely was where the king of the mountain resided as did the townspeople. It was a city where people lived not just had ceremonial events and a ruling class.
I liked it.

Hopefully I-ll be able to add photos at some point but tomorrow I-m setting out for a holiday at the beach north of Puerata Vallerta before heading further North. Travelling has been fun but it-s time for some R+R .

Keep in touch

Advertisement



9th February 2008

Brrr
Hi Pam, beach r+r sounds like the cat's meow! It's -30 here with an expected high of -29 today. Bring some warm when you come home.
10th February 2008

Hi Pam it is Sunday moring here at -33C..................I took the time to re -read all of your blogs...........your very good at this........I particularly enjoyed your sense of being in the jungle and the fact that even San Cristobal can be cold......but I would trade your cold for mine.....stay safe......bring home lots of pictures..........Lionel

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.1kb