A Day of Walking in Circles


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Michoacán » Morelia
February 12th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Altar in the Templo de las RosasAltar in the Templo de las RosasAltar in the Templo de las Rosas

This is where we went to hear the "concert" LAST NIGHT.
We spent the day walking around the city and visiting many Colonial buildings! We didn't carry the big guide book with us, so we spent some time circling around, looking for restauarants and museums we wanted to visit. It didn't help that one exhibit was in a building that had a different name than the one on the poster!

Last night we went to what we thought was a concert, but instead was a lecture on a requiem...the music was on tape and the lecture, while in a beautiful chapel, was in rapid Spanish, so we left early.

We had an early dinner tonight in a restauarant recommended by Sandra, Citlalli's mom....the meal was great..and setting was beautiful.

We had thought to take a tour today, but realized that since the traffic is so bad, we would be better off on foot.

Morelia is about the size of Seattle, but the part we've visited is about 15 blocks square. There are so many beautiful buildings everywhere, it's hard to know where to look. Last night, all the main buildings were lit up. Beautiful!

There are many, many schools here: elementrary, high school, beautician, nursing, medicine..and kids everywhere at all hours. i think there are two sessions of school here: a morning one that ends at 1:00 or so and another that ends around 7:00 pm. The high school kids hang out quite late....

We didn't feel the earthquake this morning....

We will leave tomorrow for Patzcuaro, and hour away....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

At the Fonda de MercedesAt the Fonda de Mercedes
At the Fonda de Mercedes

This is where Sandra, Citlalli's mom, liked to eat when she lived here..


13th February 2008

Such a lovely couple!
27th February 2008

Such a lovely city!

Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 118; dbt: 0.2591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb