Saturday, February 15 Chili Cook-Off


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
March 13th 2014
Published: March 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, February 15

We went to the Ajijic Chili Cook-off. Jorge and Alejandra drove us to the water park which was where it was to take place. We missed the parade but that was probably because I never imagined that there would be a parade for a Chili Cook-off.

The water park was busy with many families enjoying the many pools and water slides. We walked by all of the pools and the saw row after row of vendor stalls. Maryanne and I were in our element. Rick was patient as usual while we shopped in the clothing and jewelry stalls.

Eventually, hunger and thirst led us to the food area. We thought it would be all chili but instead we found everything from ribs, Chinese food, chili dogs and even a section of Mexican favourites. Our choice was not a balanced meal but it was good. We started with a container of fresh roasted garbanzo beans, and a chili dog with all the toppings. When it was time for a dessert we instead each had a quesadilla with chicken.

After all of the walking, shopping and eating we finally discussed the fact that we really hadn't seen and of the chili tables. We asked and learned that all of the free chili sampling was up on the hill that we had just worked our way down. The sun was hot and it was becoming difficult to move with the crowds so left the chili Cook-off without tasting any of the chili.



It was a nice walk home and we arrived just in time for Happy Hour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb