Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 15th 2017
Published: January 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was a lazy, relaxing day. Breakfast this morning on a bench close to our room. WiFi isn't reliable in our room, but better just down the hall.

Later in the morning we took a walk down to the pier. As you walk along the main beach in Zihuat (Playa Madiera), the restaurant servers try to lure you in for breakfast. At the end of the pier looking out across the water, you will see Playa La Ropa to the left and Playa Las Gatas to the right, our beach destinations for the previous two days.

We walked through the artisan market area near the pier. Decided I needed more sun protection than from my Twins hat, so we went on a search. Walking through the market the vendors will make comments like "Want to spend some money?" and "That looks perfect for you, take a look in the mirror!" Bob laughs at my new hat, but at least I won't get sunburned.

On the way back to the hotel, we searched for licuardos (milk shakes), couldn't find any, so settled for a big bottle of coke from the store. Spent some time out of the heat, blogging and reading, waiting for football.

Later in the afternoon we went in search of a light snack. Right around the corner from the hotel we found Dona Lupe, a very nice, casual spot that served licuardos. It was decorated with ferns, wrought iron railings, plaid tablecloths. Our total bill for two licuardos and two large ham sandwiches on delicious buns was $4! Highly recommended for friendly service, good food, and very reasonable (cheap!) prices.

Watched some Green Bay football. Then dinner back at Torreon, which is getting to be one of our favorite spots. Five tacos, alambras pastor, and three drinks for $7. Big portions, plenty to eat, and delicious as well. Another fun, relaxing day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb