Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 14th 2017
Published: January 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Zihuatanejo and Morelia


Today is the day we move to our new hotel, Plaza Kioto. We have stayed there before on other trips. We were told we could get in early, but we couldn't get in our room until 2pm. Since it was now 9am, we stowed our luggage behind the hotel desk and headed off to breakfast at Dona Licha. Breakfast time there is much less busy than lunch.

After breakfast we headed for another beautiful beach, Playa La Ropa. The walk to La Ropa was partly an uphill climb along the road that follows the ocean. The hotels and restaurants get more exclusive as you climb up. We found the cobblestone road that leads back down to the ocean, and began our peaceful walk along the water.

We settled in at a table close to the ocean, ordered some drinks, took out our books, and spent a few relaxing hours there. I walked the beach looking for shells, but found only one. Lots of kids playing in the sand with their shovels and pails, digging holes and making sandcastles. Vendors walked the beach selling their wares. Many young children selling plastic toys, guys selling peanuts, and women laden down with jewelry, necklaces and bracelets hanging from their arms. Many boats pulled tourists high in the sky with colorful parachutes.

We walked further down the beach to the lagoon area to check out the crocodiles. We walked along the wire fence and spotted an iguana in a tree. Tried to get a photo, and we heard a noise to our left. A big crocodile slid down into the water. We hadn't noticed him before, mistook him for a log. Next time we will be more observant. We didn't get a picture of either creature!

Later in the evening we went back to town. Picked up banana bread, a couple of pastries, and some fruit for tomorrow morning (our 80 cent breakfast!), then hamburgers and fries for dinner. Topped off a great day with ice cream cones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



15th January 2017
Stuck in a Book

Looks Good
A Twins hat and a cold Modelo .... Does it get any better than that? I think the book is the same one Margie reads during your Curling competition..

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb