Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 13th 2017
Published: January 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Very quiet at the hotel last night. Went out this morning to get fruit. So oranges, bananas, pastries and coffee for breakfast on the patio. Bob makes good coffee. A hummingbird flew in closeby to visit. Cool in the mornings, but it starts to really heat up about 9:00am. Lots of activity on the street in the morning...vendors setting up their stalls, shops opening, etc. Lots of cats on the sidewalks this morning. Heard many doves cooing.

Walked down to the beach and pier this morning. Bought boat tickets to go to the beach, Playa Las Gatas. Tickets very cheap, 50 cents total for two round trip tickets. A short (about 10 minutes), pleasant ride. The beach is lined with restaurants, tables, and lounge chairs. Each restaurant has their own welcomer, urging you to stop and try their food. We checked out a few menus and settled in for the afternoon. Lots of seafood on the menus--lobster, shrimp, octopus, fish, and fish fingers(?!). We found two chairs close to the water, and ordered cold water from our server Ricardo.

Pleasant breeze by the water. Lots of boats going in and out, snorkelers, banana boat riders, small children with their plastic innertubes playing in the waves. I walked the beach looking for shells and stones. Spent most of the afternoon reading our books, then ordered a good seafood lunch (salad, tortillas, garlic shrimp and sailfish).

Spent a low-key afternoon, then went out later to find a bank and some dinner. Found a great little place called Torreon by the canal. We ordered Alambras (a mixture of seasoned fried meat, onion, green pepper, and cheese, served with tortillas). Delicious, and only $3 per person.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb