Back on the Road


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 10th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are back in Mexico for two weeks....we got here tonight with ease, and have found a great inexpenisve hotel (The Brasilia) right near the bus terminal where we will catch a bus to the Teotehuacan pyramids tomorrow. So I will have photos tomorrow! It is warm here, but a bit rainy.

All for now...time for bed...we've been up since 4:30 this am!

Sunday afternoon

We had a less than ideal night...our room was right on the very busy truck route into the city and the people next yo us were noisy, but we had found a nice little restuarant nearby where we were the only customers, the evening was not a total mess! In the morning, we walked two blocks to the bus station and caught a bus to the Teotihuacan pyramids.

The bus ride was interesting. We both love traveling by bus, and watching the countryside or cities go by. As we left the central area of Mexico City, housing became more and more piced together and poorer, but there were interesting buildings in every neighborhood. After about 30 minutes of travel, we started seeing some open land and men on horse back.

The pyramids are located in a dry (this time of year), flat area, with cactus growing all around. this photos can't concey the immensity of the site, where only part has been uncovered. It was Sunday and somewhat crowded, but this gave some sense of how it would have look with its large population back in 500 AD! The weather was good-warm and sunny with breeze. The Mexican tourists outnumbered foreign ones by about 20 to 1. There were lots of children!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb