Hola! 32 degrees in Mexico!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thurs 12-04
After two days on a train and a plane and spending a night back in the good old upper east side we arrived in Mexico City. Straight away I was struck by the colours, the bright light and the smell of the heat. very welcome relief after the very long winter.
Our hostel is in the best location I have ever stayed in. Its right on the main square with a roof terrace looking out across the cathedral. everyone go to Mexico city and go to the mundo joven hostel.

Fri 13-04
Changed our plan because all advice seemed to be against travelling north in mexico - instead were going to go along the carribean coast down to Cancun.
We met Jesus he was a barrell of laughs- his friend is crazy about ireland.

Sat 14-04
We explored the Chatupultec park and were caught in a thunderstorm. Its proving pretty difficult to find veggie food here! im also desperately trying to get better at spanish and listening to Michel Tomas a lot. We watched some aztec dancing in the square. It looked like lots of fun apart from the sacrificing bit. Jesus joked that it is traditional to sacrifice an irish lady- ie me.

Sun 15-04
We went on a tour with the hostel to look at Frida Kahlo's two houses. It was horrible to see at the bridge house how treacherous the steps Diego Rivera made her cross with her broken spinal column are. especially to be greeted with the sight of him sleeping with her sister. having seen the film frida made me feel a lot of anger against the toad-like man!
We rode on a beautiful colourful canal boat at Xomilcho. Hundreds of boats with people eating lunch and mariachi bands floated past.
We saw a great cuban musician called silvio rodriguez playing in the square. the sound of the croud singing along was beautiful.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb