A week in Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » Old Montréal
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tues 10-04
Today we headed 400miles north to Montreal. The train ride was beautiful - we passed so many lakes- although it was the slowest train ride of my life - we could have walkd there faster.
The hostelling international has a really nice buzz about it. Lots of socializing and events.

Wed 11-04
We explored the city- the port and old montreal are really lovely. its nice to see a touristy place so outof season. we watched glass blowers and thought it looked like a good job. they drink beer- they create glass things.

thurs 12-04
We snuck into Colombia uni to prepare our talk for the montreal fringe. very difficult to engage brain again. there was a crazy amount of snow falling and it just kept coming.
pub crawl with people from the hostel- embaressed that i cant speak more french.

fri 13- 04
Had a lovely time with the montreal fringe. they are so chilled out and we sat on sofas as if chilling out at the workshop theatre and talked very casually about how to take a show to the edin fringe. then we went for drinks with some colombia students who were real kindred spirits.

sat 14-04
So we went to see a french monologue. it was clearly amazingly acted and directed and I know that there was a big emotional journey he went through and that his girlfriend wore a lovely dress on his birthday and that he ate some prawns or did he wear a tie? - but i cant tell you anything else!

sun 15-04
I went to words and music which was just like blueprint! saw some great performances includign a video piece called I AM NOT AFRAID OF BIG WORDS. had to struggle home through a snow storm like the little match girl - someone skiied past me down the street!

mon 16-04
we braced the icy cold for fondue in the old town. felt like we were in the swiss alps. we laughed lots and lots on our last night with our friends in this hostel. just starting to feel very at home here.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb