Return to Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 3rd 2019
Published: February 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Last year we spent 5 weeks in Mexico covering nearly all the Yucatan Peninsula and loved it, so we said we would like to return and see more and we have! This time we wanted to come to Mexico City and visit the last of the pyramids on my bucket list - Teotihuacan

We originally planned to spend at least a couple of weeks of more here visiting both Mexico City and the Oaxaca province but last minute we decided to take on a house sitting job on the Sunshine Coast in Australia so it left us little short on time. We had 9 days so it was enough to see Mexico City, the pyramids and the UNESCO San Miguel de Allende. We had booked a hostel in Roma Norte a safe and hip neighbourhood next to the upmarket suburb of La Condessa, arriving later in the evening had me a little nervous as Mexico City doesn't have the best reputation but the taxi ride was fine and he got us there in one piece even though he spent more time looking at Facebook than having his eyes on the road!

It was nearly 9pm when we arrived, it was very quiet and not much was open so we opted for pot noodles from the OXXO around the corner. One thing I always remember fondly about Mexico is OXXO always comes to the rescue for a cheap bite to eat and nice up of coffee and you find them on nearly every street corner It was certainly more noticeably warmer than California but not hot, we were at altitude so the weather would be cooler and dryer than the Yucatan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.2kb