Wind, Meghan and Matt and other stuff!


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

COMING SOON! GUEST BLOG BY MEGHAN AND MATT



I have not been a very good blogger this year! That is not to say that nothing fun has been going on here but I don't know where the time has gone.

This year has been unseasonably windy--locals say it is the most wind that they have seen in years. Who knows? It surely has made for a very dusty mess but no complaining b/c it could be snow! It just has made it very difficult to kayak. However, last week we had one day that was calm for the most part, no gusting winds. I decided to take advantage and get out on the water for a few hours. Wow! I was treated to the most amazing dolphin show! There were probably 15 swimming , jumping and diving just a few feet from me! I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for the dolphins but this time was perfect!

Mike and I also finally went out on the Awesome with a group of friends here in the park. The Awesome is a 32 foot cruiser that can be hired out for day trips for fishing, snorkeling and cruising. We had hoped to take Matt and Meghan out on this while they were here but there were no calm days! We got on the boat at about 7.30 and headed to an uninhabited island by the name of Cerralvo Island. It located off the east coast of Baja in the Sea of Cortez. It is approximately 60 miles east of the city of La Paz. It was a pleasant day of shelling on the beach there. We also stopped to do some snorkeling and saw loads of fish. On the way back the crew helped the guys do some fishing and we caught a dorado! So after our day on the boat, we took the dorado to one of the local restaurants where the fish was prepared for us and had it for dinner! A great end to a great day.

We really enjoyed having Meghan and Matt here with us and I think they had a great time too. They will be entering their own thoughts and experiences here too so I won't go into detail about what we did while they were here. I am sure they will want to put the whole thing into their own words so I won't spoil it for them here

Soon we will be home and have begun to pack up and put away our "outdoor living space" items in preparation for our return. I hate the packing up but it has to be done. We have contracted with Gabriel to put in tile flooring outside in our "living" area as well as a permanent concrete couch with a table and a side chair. Next year I will get cushions for it. So hopefully NO MAJOR construction next year. Our friends, Terri and Doug, will oversee the project and hand out cash as the job progresses--???? Will it be done in time? Will it be started on time?? Who knows for sure. It is a BAJA thing and you will just have to sit on the edge of your seats and wait and see.....just like we will be doing!

It will be good to be home and I will begin to look forward to my return to my little oasis. It really is a great place and we would love to have you come and share our paradise! We hope to get down here earlier next year. So.....hasta pronto, mis amigos................


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Cruising!Cruising!
Cruising!

Mike and Jon sit back and enjoy the ride!
Fun with friendsFun with friends
Fun with friends

Doug and Terri (yes, Doug IS caucasian!) acting silly while Mike looks on.
Mmm...Mmm...
Mmm...

Terri corrupts me....possible?
iguanaiguana
iguana

Small iguana found dead on my couch pillow!!!


3rd May 2010

fun!
sure looks like a blast! Safe travels home!
3rd May 2010

NO ONE CAN CORRUPT YOU ANY MORE THAN YOU ARE!!!! Loved the dolphins. They really wanted your attention, didn't they? The pic with you and Meg to me back a little. You look just like Mary Ann in the pic. Do-do-do!!!!! We are home. Just hate the mess of putting everything away. Going up and down the stairs wreaked havoc on my back. Have a safe trip home. Love, Sue

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb