USA and Canada 2015 Part 5: East Coast USA and Canada with Trafalgar: New York; Philadelphia; Washington; Lancaster - Amish country; Niagara Falls; Toronto; Ottawa; Montreal; Quebec; Boston; New York and home.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
May 22nd 2015
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Canada East Coast


Trafalgar Tour: New York harbourTrafalgar Tour: New York harbourTrafalgar Tour: New York harbour

Evening welcome and get together with drinks and nibbles
Day 1: New York- Trafalgar Tours - very nice start to our holiday with a welcome get together cruise on the harbor at sunset with drinks and nibbles. Wow.

Day 2: Philadelphia and Washington: Lunch stop and a quick walk about Philadelphia to Penn's Landing memorial and to a museum.

Day 3: Washington we were there for the Memorial Day weekend when Rolling Thunder rode through the streets - 1 million bikes.

Day 4: Lancaster - Amish (pronounced Armish) country. Stayed at the very comfortable "Inn at Leola Village" and went out for a very lovely hearty meal cooked by the Amish people and tasted their whoopie pies.

Day 5: Lancaster to Niagara

Day 6: Niagara - fantastic view of the falls from our room and dining room view was great. Went on the Hornblower -- the Maid of the Mist used by USA now. One could never tire of looking at the Falls and being amazed at the volume of water going over. Plenty of viewing spots while walking around.

Day 7: Niagara to Toronto

Day 8: Toronto - Kingston - Ottawa - Kingston was our lunch stop and should have been our visit stop - great place - easy to walk about with museums, shops, Martello Towers and ferries to the islands. Met up with Pam and Jim (rellies) in Ottawa and had a busy chat time as we had not seen each other for 15 years.

Day 9: Ottawa - Montreal -

Day 10: Montreal - Quebec

Day 11: Quebec - I really enjoy this city and walking around is lovely. On our first visit 15 years ago we noticed on all the maps that there were escalators everywhere - that meant flights of steps.

Day 12: Quebec - Boston: a long drive today.

Day 13: Boston

Day 14: Boston - Newport - New York

New York - Los Angeles - Sydney - Perth. HOME


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.576s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.2086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb