Day 23 - Book Town


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up to go visit the cute little village around Anne of Green Gables. We decided just to go see Green Gables instead of t and the foundation of the authors broken down house. We walked up to a small 1800s style barn and read about some different types of farm tools, and a few things about cows. After looking around in this barn we went outside to the Butter Churn cafe to get Mom and Dad a coffee and us kids got double scoops of ice cream. That ice cream didn’t last long at all though, because it sure was tasty and it was a hot day as well. Then we went to see Green Gables itself. The house had been extended since the time the author used it for the setting of her famous book, but parks Canada did a fairly good job of decorating it to look like the book makes it seam. There was Michael’s room, Anne’s room and a few other rooms like described. Then we walked the Haunted woods, and quickly went down lover’s lane before turning back. We went back to the trailer for a little while, and the went shopping on the boardwalk before we set off to Brackley’s Beach. At Brackley’s Beach we went to a drive-in ... yes i mean the cool little place you drive your car into and watch a movie! There was a double feature with the Change Up and Cowboys vs. Aliens. We had a pretty good night, a little awkward watching the first movie with Dad there, and when it was all over it was about 2 in the morning. Dad let me drive home. And that was that for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb