Day 22 - Crazy Bridge


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 22nd 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to take the bridge to P.E.I. We drove to the information center just before the bridge and took a little walk to the base of it so that we could get a clear picture of the bridge. It was so long that you couldn’t see the whole way, and Dad was telling us that they actually close the bridge down on windy days so that cars don’t get blown into the Atlantic below them. It was really cool driving over the bridge, we were high enough up that we could see cormorants and other sea birds fishing, and boats going down the ocean ... all kinds of neat things. When we reached the end we spent an hour and a half at the information center and had some Subway sandwiches. Our first stop was down to a little town called Victoria for Mom to see the lighthouse museum ... but when we got there we found out it was closed, so instead we walked down to a little Bazaar where Shae and I bought some cute little purses and earrings. Then we continued to drive until we reached Cavendish ... the home of Green Gables.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb