Day 24 - Rollin' Down the River


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we got the trailer all packed up to leave to Nova Scotia. After everything was all ready we set down the road towards Wood Island’s ferry terminal. Along the way we stopped at a PEI lobster dinner place to grab a quick bite, then we continued down the road to our ferry. Hoping to catch the 6:30 ferry we arrived at the terminals at 6:17 but they told us it had left already. Luckily for us though, a logging truck was behind us and the scale had radioed for him to get on so, because we were ahead of him we got to drive on up to the ferry and board. It was a beautiful day outside, a little windy though, so we got to stand outside and take some beautiful shots of the retreating PEI beaches, lighthouses and red dirt. Then we walked around the boat to look off the front into the very waters that sunk the Titanic in 1902. After admiring this, we went inside to get some Cows ice cream, and when they say the best ice cream in the world they sure mean it. God thing it’s PEI made. After finishing our delicious treat off we went to talk to the information lady about Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. By the time we were done talking we had time to grab a coffee for the ‘rents before having to get off the boat. After un-boarding we drove down to a Superstore to grab some necessities, then Dad noticed it was right beside a Walmart, so we decided to make the Walmart our home for the night once again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1024kb