Day 19/20 - Roads and Lobster


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 22nd 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Day was quite dreary and really rainy so we decided to keep driving until we reached a small area in New Brunswick called Grand Falls. We pulled over into a small campsite and set up for the night. Although the weather wasn’t the best we sure saw a lot of beautiful pastures and such ... it was like being in Scotland or Ireland ... absolutely stunning. We stopped at a small wharf and talked to some lobster fishermen. After watching the fast unloading process the guys told us we could have a few lobster off the next boat for $4 a pound. Dad got 14 lobsters for $40. it was quite a deal. Then while we were driving we saw a man digging for clams. Being the curious folks that we are, we walked down to see how it was done and ended up getting a bucket and digging up our own. Eventually we made it to a small town just outside of Shediac the lobster capital of the world. Our neighbors we very friendly people. After talking to them we found out that the clams we had dug up, we all way to small according to the law. So Mom cooked all our lobster, clams, mussels, steak and fresh New Brunswick potatoes up for dinner and we had a beautiful and delicious feast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1003.3kb