Day 18 - Old Town


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 22nd 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up around 10 to find out we were not only parked outside of Walmart, but also a large mall, so we rushed in to get poutine. Shaley decided she wanted to order so she marched right up to the counter and when the man walked over and asked her how she was doing ( in French), her jaw dropped and she looked like she saw a ghost. He noticed she obviously didn’t speak French and asked her in English. After buying a map we all sat and tried to plan our trip, when an older man stopped and gave us directions and tips for our trip. We then left that first Walmart to another one where we were close to la metro (the subway). We then took la metro to Old Montreal. At first we walked down the old streets and gazed at Notre Dame church before Dad got us a handsome carriage and we took a tour around the ancient city. Then we went shopping and bought a J’aime Montreal sweater, a few more hoodies and some shirts. Then, after a minor setback, we finally went out for a beautiful dinner on the balcony. They had absolutely amazing selection and after a little while we all decided on something different :We started with escargot for us girls, Dad started with a Cesar salad and Shawn with a veggie soup. Then Mom got Caribou medallions in a wine sauce, Dad got some pheasant, Shawn a lasagne, Shaley had the best meal which was Red Deer in raspberry sauce and I got the classic seafood crepe. By the time we finished dinner it was pouring outside and we rushed back to the subway to get back to the trailer and back onto the highway. Dad drove until 2 a.m. when we pulled over at another Walmart in Trois-Riveries. It was still pouring like none of us had ever seen before.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb