Quebec City Marathon


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 28th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chateau FrontenacChateau FrontenacChateau Frontenac

Well here I am in front of Quebec City's most famous landmark.
Hey all,

Joe is in Quebec City to run his 18th marathon, and I was invited to come along with him and his wife Elizabeth. It is a great relief to escape from the Southland heat; Quebec’s high temperature is in the mid 80s. After a connecting flight which was originated in Boston, we finally arrived in Quebec City with a smaller airplane. And yes, this is my first time in Canada, and I am excited to see what our northern neighbor has to offer.

Quebec is a Canadian province with heavily French influence, and the Old World feeling of Quebec City is evident with the presence of stone buildings around town. Majority of our time is spent around Lawrence River, with landmark of Chateau Frontenac perched on top of a nearby hill.

The Quebec Marathon is a smaller event, with total of 4,000 runners running the 10k, Half and Full Marathon. Although once again I am excused from running the event, it is interesting to find out that the mile marker is replaced by a kilo marker - instead of 26.2 miles, competitors would run a 42.195 km. And it is counted backwards, too!

Well time to head back now, so chat with y’all later!
-Cy


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb