Rain day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Prince Edward Island » Charlottetown
September 26th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It was a rainy day. It lightly sideways rained all day. But that’s ok. This is the day we set aside for my vacation. I insisted that at least one day is spent doing nothing. No driving, no sightseeing. Just sit and read a book. It would have been nice to read a book by the sea, on the rock in front of the cottage that juts out into the water even at low tide. But that would have treacherous at best today. We did pick up a couple of geocaches near the cottage in the rain and got pretty wet doing it. One we had tried yesterday but couldn’t get to it because a bunch of trees blocked our path at high tide. Today we tried at low tide and were successful, walking right out around the trees and down the beach. We’re packing everything up now, getting ready for a quick exit early tomorrow morning. We’re eating the last of some of the things in the fridge and packing the rest into the electric cooler. As all good things must come to an end so too does our stay in this cottage that we really only got to enjoy today. It’s fairly new and nicely decorated to make you feel at home in this home away from home. Tomorrow is going to be a long drive and tonight we’ll be trying to map out a route and pick a stopping point for tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb