Lennox Island, Kildare point


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Prince Edward Island » Cavendish
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It’s the first day of fall but even with the strong winds the temperature is still very comfortable. We headed out today to see if we could find 3 geocaches located on an lsland called Lennox Island. Turns out the island was on native land and the stop sign at the main intersection was in some kind of Native Tongue. After probably 3 km of walking on a nicely groomed trail we found 2 of the 3 caches. Some of the trails led to a beach, and others went through the middle of a huge blueberry patch. We decided it was early enough to try a set of caches on a nearby peninsula. Unfortunately, as we sat and ate our lunch at the Jacques Cartier Provincial park gates where they were, we discovered the closest one was 2 km away. I talked Vicki into at least trying for the closest one. The walk was down a beach for the most part and we were walking into the wind. It seemed to take forever to get there. The red beach seemed to stretch endlessly in both directions and the wind was pushing around the top layer of sand particles making waves like in a desert and piling up behind any little rock or clamshell. The walk back was easier and quieter since we were walking with the wind and we could then hear the waves as they rolled and crashed into the shoreline. We picked up a couple of the pretty blue clamshells we discovered as we strolled back towards the truck. We decided to head back to the cottage by way of the Timmy’s in Summerside so we could upload our travel blogs. It didn’t look like the Timmy’s had wifi from the parking lot so we went to Mcdonald’s and parked close enough for a weak signal. After the upload, it was getting late so we grabbed some Wendy’s and headed back to the cottage.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb