ONTARIO. Famiglia.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
July 8th 2015
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.7231, -79.3925

CANADA
Lots of driving, family, Niagara Falls, Beavertails and boarder control.
We borrowed our friends car and drove from Michigan, over the border and into Canada.
There was no problem at all crossing into Canada.
My husband has family in Toronto and Ontario.
First stop Ontario, Big Chief Island.
They live in a very big house on the lake.
The view is beautiful of this island which isn't too far away.
He told us that the islands is where the Indian Chiefs where buried and that's why it's called Big Chief Island.
Quick tour of the house and a drive through the town and then of corse we have to see the casino which is run by the native Indians of the area.
Very fancy and we had a quick gamble.
No luck but we figured we donated money to the locals and we had fun.
There where lots of small shops along the road that sold souvenirs.
Leather goods, Tobacco and Indian souvenirs.
To me, it felt like the aboriginals in Australia.
Like they have lost their heritage and just clutching on to whatever they could, to survive.
It felt a little strange.
We then pick up some dinner so we could eat at their place and catch up on old times.
The following morning off to Toronto to see another relative and eat lunch.
Then on to Niagara Falls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb