Frankfurt-Toronto with Lufthansa in First Class


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 19th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

The map shows we are flying over Greenland.
So I have arrived in Toronto after a long 8 hour flight, but which passed in absolutely no time.

The First class terminal in Frankfurt was absolutely fantastic, I could have spent a whole day there eating free food, drinking expensive wines, surfing the internet, reading, sleeping, taking a shower, watching DVDs (they apparently have several movies you can borrow and watch on a laptop).

I wasn't really hungry when I arrived, but I just couldn't leave the terminal without having tried some food, so I went to the restaurant and ordered a steak which arrived in no time. Asked for some red wine and the waiter brought a whole trolley with eight bottles or so on it, just to choose. Too bad I was too full to try one of the rare whiskeys in the bar.

Finally it was time for boarding, the great moment, and my personal assistant came to collect me. We went downstairs where the customs official already had my passport (they took it when I arrived at the terminal). After passport control my driver was waiting, a very friendly man. He greeted me and offered to carry my hand luggage, the limousine (well
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Welcome onboard! A glass of champagne, warm nuts, newspapers and magazines before departure.
a Porsche) was parked right outside waiting to take me to my flight.
The aircraft was parked at the B-pier so it was quite quick to get there. Once at the gate we took the stairs right up to the gate area and my driver escorted me passed all other passengers and onto the plane, that's what I call VIP treatment!!!
The people we passed really looked at me strangely, probably wondering who the hell I was 😊 The driver then handed me over to the purser at the door, some last paperwork to sign, and then the purser escorted me to my seat in the first class cabin on the upper deck.
It all went so smoothly I hardly even noticed what was going on.

I had prebooked seat 83A (based on recommendations on the internet) which is an emergency exit seat. In first class that means the seat in front of you is like 2 meters away, so a massive amount of leg room.
I was immediately greeted by a flight attendant (by name of course), my jacket was taken and I was offered champagne and newspapers. I was also given an amenity kit, a nice blue
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

After take-off: More drinks (a short break in the alcohol intake with water and orange juice) and yummy amuse bouche.
pullover, and slippers. I have those as souvenirs now!
I started playing with the seat, there were just so many buttons and features, it took me half the flight before I had figured out how the seat worked and found all the storage available in and around the seat.
First impression of first class was of course fantastic, but also overwhelming. Being addressed by name and pampered that much felt very strange at first, and I felt almost uneasy with it for a while, but I slowly got used to it.

Plenty of food onboard of course, actually more food than I could eat, I really should have skipped breakfast and that steak in Frankfurt.
A five courses meal after take-off (amuse bouche, appetizer, salad, main course, cheese and dessert) and then a light meal before landing with "we'll mix your own salad" and dessert.
Lots to drink as well with excellent wines and lots of spirits, too bad I had so much to drink that I couldn't try one of the cocktails they make onboard.

Overall a fantastic flight!! That seat was so comfortable and you could actually recline it to a fully flat bed or adjust
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Appetizer: I skipped the caviar and decided to try some of the other things on offer (they had a whole trolley full of food). The flight attendant offered to put a little bit of everything on my plate so I could try all the food they had, which I gratefully accepted.
it to a very comfortable position to watch a movie, so not much jetlag at all so far which is good.
I was the first passenger off the plane and my priority-tagged luggage arrived very quickly on the belt, so also a nice end of the flight.

Toronto is cloudy and foggy, 22 degrees. Quite a nice city and the people seem very friendly and helpful. Feels like a less Americanised North American city, a bit European in a way. But no sightseeing today, I'm too tired and I have already had enough new experiences for today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Next, a choice of salad or soup, I went for the salad.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Main course: They had four options and I chose the chicken. At this point I was starting to get really full and had serious problems finishing the meal.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Dessert: Dumpling with sorbet (the second option was apple pie, but with raisins which I really don't like)
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Coffee and yummy chocolates! Also asked for a glass of 12 year old Glenfidish from their nice selection of spirits.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

All passengers are given a red rose. On the photo is also the personal video player which is hidden in the armrest where you also have plenty of storage and the seat table.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Plenty of leg room, the seat is just so comfortable (as are the slippers)!!
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

My reclined seat, perfect position to watch a movie. The seat next to mine shows what the seat looks like in an upright position.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Pre-landing meal: They mixed a salad for me from a trolley. The fligh attendant once again offered to add a little bit of everything, so I got swordfish, beef, and some parma ham with my salad.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

Pre-landing meal: Dessert (Linzer cake I think it was), and coffee.
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-TorontoLufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto
Lufthansa First class Frankfurt-Toronto

My luggage was properly tagged with the Lufthansa First class/Hon circle priority tag which worked very well. Both my suitcases were among the first on the belt.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb