Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 21st 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

TorontoTorontoToronto

Toronto skyline seen from the CN Tower.
Greetings from Toronto, the largest city in Canada and also an important financial centre, although it is not the capital (which is Ottawa).

Overall I like Toronto, it's quite a modern city but it's very clean and safe, the people are very friendly, and it's beautifully located along Lake Ontario.
The most famous sight is without any doubt the CN tower which can be seen from almost any place in Toronto, I think it's the highest building in the world.

I'm staying in a hostel, although in a small private room which was nice after a long flight and six hours time difference to adjust to.
The place is just great, there is free pancake breakfast every morning and they even have a bar and an outdoor terrace open at night.
The staff are great as well, there is actually a German girl working at the reception during the day called Kierstin who is very nice and who has been really helpful.
I can happily recommend the place to anybody and the location is excellent right in the entertainment district of Toronto and within walking distance to all places of interest.

In a few hours I'm leaving though
TorontoTorontoToronto

The CN tower in Toronto, one of the highest buildings in the world!
to Lester B Pearson airport to go to Montreal in the French-speaking part of Canada, it's just a short one hour flight though. I've heard the Quebec region is supposed to be very nice and of course I can get to practice my French as well 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

TorontoToronto
Toronto

Toronto seen from the CN tower.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

Street scene in Toronto.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

The old city hall in Toronto.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

The new city hall in Toronto and a statue of Winston Churchill (why in Canada??)
TorontoToronto
Toronto

Chinatown in Toronto, quite small though.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

The world's biggest bookstore it says, anyone knows if it's true? I think Waterstones Piccadilly in London is a bit larger.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

They actually have a chain here in Canada called Jacob selling clothes.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

Toronto harbourfront at night
TorontoToronto
Toronto

Downtown Toronto at night seen from the harbour.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

Downtown Tornto at night.
TorontoToronto
Toronto

The entertainment district in Toronto at night, very close to my hostel.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb