Oysters and Martinis


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
May 28th 2010
Published: May 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Caesar Oyster Shooters 15 secs
Church StreetChurch StreetChurch Street

The gay neighbourhood
On Thursday night, we took a walk down Church Street, which is the gay neighbourhood in Toronto. The neighbourhood was nice with some cool litttle houses tucked away down the side streets. It looked strange with these little houses right next to some giant skyscrapers.

We had dinner at a restaurant called Fuzion on Church Street and it was their Martini and tapas night. We had a few different types of tapas and a couple of cocktails each but the piece de resistance were the Caesar Oyster shooters they had on the tapas menu. They were mini Bloody Caesars with an oyster and topped with celery foam. We had to have second helpings of those as they were so delicious. The Martinis (Rachel and I thought Martini's were drinks containing Martini and hence we werent too enthused about the offer for $6 Martinis) We then found out that over here Martinis are just cocktails made with Vodka. We tried a couple of different ones each and they were lovely, although Rachel had to have hers topped up with juice as they were too strong!

On the way home we attempted to go for a drink on the 52nd Floor
Just off Church StreetJust off Church StreetJust off Church Street

Leafy little neighbourhood with cute little houses off Church Street
bar at Panorama but there was a private party so we went to a bar called Jack Astors for a drink and some Nachos. Rachel had a large Bloody Caesar, I think she may may be addicted! She has said she likes them more than Malibu and Coke, which is really saying something!

Toronto seems to be very safe and friendly, even more so at night. It is very multi cultural with a lot of Japanese, Chinese and Korean people and restaurants with food from all round the world.

Remember to click on subscribe so that you get an email every time we update.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Martini ThursdaysMartini Thursdays
Martini Thursdays

Fuzion Restaurant - tasty drinks
Martini TricolorMartini Tricolor
Martini Tricolor

Our three martinis
Caesar CocktailsCaesar Cocktails
Caesar Cocktails

Absolutely delicious!


2nd June 2010

lovin it
hi guys, i'm loving this i feel like im coming along for the ride!! rach order me a Bloody Caesar!! ps your hair looks shorter!!!!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb