Day 14 & 15


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we have had a couple of very busy few days. Yesterday we got our tourist on and went to the CN tower, its tall. Like really tall. Its also incredibly ugly. But on a clear day like yesterday you can see for miles and miles as the top deck is 1500 ft high. They have a glass floor too which is really neat, and everyone lies on it to take pictures, it was mighty windy up there aswell.

We had a brief tour of downtown to see where to go over the next few days before heading to the distillery area. This was choca bloc full of restaurants, shops, galleries and breweries. We saw a dog that looked like a wolf asleep on a shop floor which sold a rather mundane sun hat for $250! Later on we went with the two little pups to a local pond where there were lots of geese and woods and fountainy things. It was lovely.

We were up at the crack of dawn today to catch a 7am bus to Niagra Falls. Our guide was named Marvin and he took us on a jam packed adventure of the falls. We went on maid of the mist and gained a free poncho (wahay!) it was very wet. Imogen had a few stupid moments with "Ooo look at all that steam from the water" and "Oh I thought i was wearing a white Tee shirt, but it turned out to be my skin."

We drove down the longest road in the world, only a mere 1100 miles long. And to pass the time on the bus we counted 68 flags within 23 minutes. We went to a pretty town called Niagra on the lake, which is actually about an hour away from Niagra falls as they are based within a town full of casinos, hotels and arcades. Niagra on the lake however was incredibly quaint. There was a british shop full of cardburys and marmite! And behind the counter, a girl from Sheffield. Which was odd, but nice to hear a yorkshire accent again.


On the way back from the falls, we stopped off at a giant clock made from flowers, a hydro electric dam and the whirlpool which feeds the two rivers. We also saw a vicar playing mini golf on his church lawn. Our final stop, was at a local vineyard where we had some taster samples of their locally grown red and white.

Pictures should be on there way soon so sit tight guys!





Advertisement



15th July 2009

I hope Ann adopts that idea for the church lawn.
15th July 2009

wow niagra sounds fantastic, i've just started looking at the photos they're amazing, i shall have to finish later i ahve jsut realised what time it is and i'm still sat around in my pjs doing absolutely nothing at all and i have a driving lesson very shortly. lol . the dancing show went suprisingly well over the past two ngiht and we've been asked to do it again in november in front of the mayor of batley lol. xx i love you
15th July 2009

heyy guys :] sounds like your having a great time! I hope you get loads of sun and less rain! enjoy yourselves x x x x

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.1kb